General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pictures from others files..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

barrie2d

barrie2d Report 13 Aug 2016 15:06

Is it possible to copy things from keepsafe of others you have permission to view and paste them onto your own GR file? If so how?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2016 15:13

You might be able to right click and save to your device, then up load to your keepsafe. Its worth a try.

One aspect of this site worth mentioning.
If you've viewed documents/records via GR, once your subscription ends, you won't be able to access them. Best to download while you can.
Pay to view (by purchasing credits) records have an even shorter shelf life!

Annx

Annx Report 13 Aug 2016 15:26

I never knew that Det, thanks for mentioning it.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2016 15:42

Well - it works with your Avatar, Ann, so should work with other images. Mind you, the Avatar is 'thumbnail' size ;-)

barrie2d

barrie2d Report 13 Aug 2016 16:15

Thanks Det, I'll try that and thanks for the thing about subscription ends... I'm new to Gr but have a large file on Ancestry.ca. But since I was born in Britain and have family still there I find some research here easier to access. But I don't get this credits thing guess I'm just use to paying a larger Fee and having access to everything and just paying for documents I want. Anyways with assistance from people like you us newbie's will get the hang of it.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 13 Aug 2016 16:23

Welcome to GR Barrie.

:-)