General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Subscription Renewals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 30 Aug 2016 10:19

Can anyone tell me please how much notice you're given before your subs run out? Mine's due on the 3rd Sept. and I've not been notified.
do I need to get in touch with the support section on here (if so) can anyone give me the email address please many thanks in advance.

ShelleyRose x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Aug 2016 10:29

You should have had an email. Check your 'spam' box. Also look at the top of the page, next to Account. It might have Renew there instead or as well.

The default email address is
[email protected].

Island

Island Report 30 Aug 2016 10:39

I had a reminder giving two weeks notice as I 'have the auto renew box checked'.
Otherwise, as Det says, do you have 'renew' in the top bar?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Aug 2016 11:52

It may have gone in your spam folder, Shelley, mine did.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 30 Aug 2016 14:13

Thanks for the replies, I can see it says Renew at the top of the page, but I like to know beforehand what I'm likely to pay. I turned the auto-renew box off some time ago.

ShelleyRose. x

Island

Island Report 30 Aug 2016 14:22

Shelley, I think they only tell you how much in advance if you have the auto renew box ticked. Bit of a catch 22.
FMP wouldn't tell me how much it was going to cost me to renew even though I emailed ahead of the due date and asked.

I can't remember if clicking on the renew button at the top of the page tells you how much before taking it. I like to think it would.
Perhaps someone else can help with this?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Aug 2016 19:16

Shelley ................

My sub is up on Sept 9, Auto Renew is turned off so they are supposed to notify me by email 4 weeks ahead.

It used to be that they only gave you about 1-2 weeks notice if you had Auto Renew on.

I noticed on Sunday that RENEW was showing in the top line, but still no email

If you click on RENEW it will tell you how much your sub will be ......

for example, I'm a Standard member, and mine shows ...........

12 month plan £0.83 per month
6 month plan £2.50 per month*
1 month plan £4.95 per month*

Multiply the per month amount by 12 or 6 to find out how much they want

You MAY find that you are being given a special offer for a lower price for the 12 month Standard

I presume something similar will show if you have one of the expensive subs.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Aug 2016 20:27

I don't understand why you turn off the Auto Renew box. Mine has always been turned on and they always let me know beforehand when my sub is about to expire and how much it will cost.

This year I received an email frome them on June 7th. to let me know my sub would expire June 21st. and I would be charged £6.75 for a year. By my calculations this works out to £0.56 per month.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Aug 2016 21:34

Joan .......

that's exactly why I keep the box ticked as OFF

There was quite a problem some years ago with GR just automatically charging your credit card, and they did not always notify the person if the card was out-of-date, so the sub dropped to free, and the person could not access the Boards or Records.

The only way you seem to be able to change the card details is a subscription time OR by trying to email GR

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Aug 2016 21:35

But I have been a member for 12 years and they have never auto renewed without informing me first.

Also they have always informed me beforehand if my card details are out of date.

Kense

Kense Report 30 Aug 2016 22:00

Looking at the T&Cs, it seems that the 28 day notice is only given if the amount payable is changing and the member is on continuous membership (auto renwal box ticked).

Like MargaretM, I have found they always inform me when the renewal date approaches.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 31 Aug 2016 13:27

Thanks for your replies and help everyone, I checked my spam account - nothing, so I got in touch with the Support Team on here, as I think I'd changed my email address since my subs were last due, they were kind enough to reply quickly.

Requesting my last email address that I registered with them, my full name and any other name I may be known by, my date and place of birth, given them all this info plus my 'board' name and when I joined G.R. they also wanted me to give them a couple of names and yrs of their b from my tree? not sure they need the latter!!

Here's hoping it's all sorted soon, lol (I can always phone them if not).
Thanks again,

ShelleyRose. x

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 1 Sep 2016 09:23

Just to let everyone know I've been emailing Genes and Karen Allan from the Support Team has been very helpful, and sorted out everything, and I now know what subscription is due.
Thanks to all for your replies.

ShelleyRose. x

Kense

Kense Report 23 Nov 2016 22:34

Just had my renewal notification due in 14 days, same price as last year.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Nov 2016 05:59

14 days this year and my card had expired too so I got a further message later advising so.

Can't see why you would want to switch Auto Renew off, unless you weren't sure you wanted to continue as a full member - if you fully intend renewing, more logical to keep it switched it on.