General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grapes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Sep 2016 12:53

Got to eat some more grapes and I am not even ill!

Our grape vine has been in about five years I think and last year t produced a few grapes which we picked too soon.

this year we have learned a bit more about viticulture (there's posh!) and there was quite good crop on the vine which was being fed and watered to try and grow them bigger and more luscious. they already tasted pretty good.

Then the wasps noticed them and were in there like, well, a swarm of wasps. So, all the grapes were picked a bit sharpish and now sit in the kitchen hoping to avoid the little stripy folk.

The problem is that we need to eat them all before they go off.

Grape or two anybody?

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Sep 2016 13:56

Have lots out here thanks, been eating the small, white seedless grapes they are wonderful. :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 23 Sep 2016 14:12

Liquidise them and make grape juice drink,or try your hand at winemaking. hic. :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Sep 2016 14:19

I am plagued by next doors grape growing over into my garden

It's never pruned and goes on an rampage over my pergola .

Have bunches of grapes hanging down and they are a bloody nuisance . They arent edible so not a bonus .

When they drop I have lots of slimey patches that have to be avoided in case I slip on them

I am so peed off with it that I have to try and cut it back and I am not safe on ladders :-( :-|

So peed off with it and how its a problem for me as I am dodgy on my feet

On another track . When we got back from holdays two weeks ago I saw that next door .the other side , has a wisteria and Ivy growing on their garage . It had gone berserk and was along my garage gutter and was intruding into my garage . I have electrics on the same inner wall so it's an intrusion as well as a possible threat.

I spoke to the neighbour and said polite request can you remove the growth . They said sorry didn't realise and have cut it all back .

Some folks can be very aware but some just don't care