General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

$#%^^%^ Spring

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 30 Sep 2016 22:38

Here we are in Oz, 1st October, the start of the second month of Spring.

Severe flooding in the Eastern States and here in WA it was blowing a gale last night and is still at it this morning :-| :-|

Already had one power-cut and probably will be a few more before the day's out.

Oh yes! The last few nights we've had to light the fire it has been so cold :-0

Flaming Spring!

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 1 Oct 2016 01:30

Dreadful here too, Allan....cold and very windy but thankfully not the flooding that has affected so many parts of Oz.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Oct 2016 08:30

Lovely here this morning. Nice walking weather - bright but not hot.

Just saying, Allan ... :-D

McAlp

McAlp Report 1 Oct 2016 11:01

Same here Joy 21 degrees and sunny ;-)

Huia

Huia Report 1 Oct 2016 21:49

A nasty rainy day today. I am thoroughly fed up with this winter weather. My Blackboy Peach trees have tried to tell me it is spring, (also my yellow kowhai), but it doesnt look or feel anything like it. So depressing. I just hope if summer ever comes it wont be too hot - no pleasing some people, is there.

Allan

Allan Report 1 Oct 2016 21:58

How very selfish of our Electrical Supplier in the SW

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/more-wild-weather-for-wa-as-strong-cold-front-batters-coast/news-story/ee8b46f0bb78c129ad81cab1f4bf9f3d#itm=newscomau%7Chome%7Cnca-homepage-network-most-popular-masthead%7C1%7Cblackout-thousands-miss-grand-final%7Chomepage%7Chomepage&itmt=1475355097063

Fancy blaming the Electricity Supplier fro a natural event. Whilst I am no fan of football, or indeed of any sport, I do have a battery operated radio for such emergencies :-|

Edit; We had our second power cut in the afternoon, lasted about an hour. Winds were still howling through the night