General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Snow?????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Oct 2016 10:26

Britain could be plunged into a long, cold Game of Thrones style winter with up to four months of snow .

Freezing storms could lock the UK into sub-zero temperatures for 12 weeks according to one long-range forecaster.

The Weather Outlook has warned the country faces the worst snowfall for years - after one of the mildest winters on record in 2015.

In their forecast, the Weather Outlook said Britain could be hit by persistent snow for up to four months.

They also suggested a White Christmas could be in the offing as the elongated blizzard hits between November and February.

The forecast adds people should not be lulled into a false sense of security as winter draws near.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2016 10:32

Is this like the 'barbecue' summer that never happened a few years ago?

It's winter. It's colder than summer. Long range forecasts are educated guesses. Northern BI usually gets more snow than the south. Let's just wait and see.

Island

Island Report 1 Oct 2016 10:46

I hope we do have a cold winter to kill off adult slugs. They were massive in the spring having survived mild weather.

We have been promised a heat wave this month, Indian Summer......
I won't put the sun cream away just yet then...

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2016 12:10

Heat waves are all relative though, aren't they? They might be warmer then the expected October temperatures, but certainly not 'bikini' weather.

Dermot

Dermot Report 1 Oct 2016 12:35

And another fresh news item to worry us all to death - we are warned that in not so many years hence, all our much loved regional accents will have disappeared.

Well begorrah - I'll fight & do everything in my power to save my accent until I die - if I live that long.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Oct 2016 12:54

I am gonna keep my Norf Lunden accent no matter what. :-P :-P. :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Oct 2016 15:44

There are not many of us who speak with a Sussex accent any more. We say 'somewhen'.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 1 Oct 2016 16:45

Sharron
That's because most of the people (me included) living in Sussex now are from Saff London! ;-)

Island

Island Report 1 Oct 2016 16:54

The usual order is news then weather