General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it right?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2016 20:00

He is a trained chef of forty years standing, or so he tells me, and I do not have that discipline so we have a method of cooking.

My chuck and dollop pastry is usually pretty good but, if I try to put it in a pie dish or construct a pasty with it it looks like it was made of Play Dough in some special needs pre-school for extremely clumsy children. His pies look professional, as they should.

My ingredients, un-constricted by any thought of discipline or theory of flavour combinations, always taste better than his.

So, I make the stuff and he builds the end product and it usually works.

The one thing that is bothering me at the moment is whether it is legal or even entirely natural for him to have made this 'ere cheese and onion flan that I am currently wrapping my laughing tackle round without putting slices of tomato on top!

Island

Island Report 3 Oct 2016 20:06

Special needs children can be very creative.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2016 20:16

Ah yes, but these have the special need of being extremely clumsy, they couldn't create anything.

Island

Island Report 3 Oct 2016 20:21

I was RR'd for posting 'special needs'. Just saying. Sad isn't it.
Post was reinstated of course but 'they walk among us'

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2016 20:27

Professor John Fines, a leading educationist, considered any child who did not have fit the standard educational average to have special needs. Those who were gifted hr considered to be special needs because they needed something special in the way of education.

If I am RR'd for this I may consider not posting any more because I am pretty sick of people not reading what is written but looking especially for offence.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Oct 2016 22:11

That's the beauty of quiches aka flans. Anything goes and it doesn't really matter :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2016 22:31

You won't catch us making a quiche. That really is an unnatural act!