General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How much?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Oct 2016 13:49

I have received an e-mail from Wightlink offering me a 50% discount. Thinking we might take advantage of the offer and maybe even have a night over there I went onto their website.

I still have no idea of what I might be being offered 50% so it looks like we might pass on that one.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 Oct 2016 11:57

The IOW ferry services are run by a bunch of greedy grasping a-holes who are impoverishing the island. If the IOW CC had the powers it could takeover the ferry companies and run the services at cost which would benefit everybody else.

Their web sites are full of false hopes for a reasonable fare / discount. but by the time you get it all together offer code or non you still pay a terrible sum for a short trip.

Much the same has happened to Portsmouth - le Havre where the basic but cheap Portuguese operator has been bounced out by Brittany Ferries who charge £ 240 return for a standard car and two passengers OFF SEASON !

Bring back Red Funnel.

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Oct 2016 12:28

This is the second site I have looked at in a week that gives no indication of price, the other being Chichester College.

That smacks of deviousness and dishonesty and I would rather not deal with them.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 Oct 2016 12:58

we went to Ventnor duing the summer and 'cos of the sky high fares we left the car behind and hitched a lift on a boat to Cowes and returned in a shared air taxi. The fares even for foot passengers are shameless.

the best value is the catamaran from Southampton to Cowes but again watch out for the voucher codes!

A day in Brighton is probably more fun and better value.