General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Such childish selfishness

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Oct 2016 16:15

We have had a lot of raspberries this year so I have made some raspberry ice-cream and some jelly with raspberry pulp in so I thought I might make a raspberry blancmange from a packet to eat with them.

I waited until there was nobody else here before I made it so that I didn't have to share the scrapings out of the pan with anybody else.

Wonder if there is a place I could hide the blancmange so I don't have to share that with anybody!

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Oct 2016 17:15

Last Christmas, some visitors very generously brought us a hamper of goodies and buried in the middle of the basket was a large packet of crisps.

Now, as someone partial to the odd packet – albeit in a smaller size normally – I quietly sequestered said snack and hid it from public eye for singular enjoyment at a later time. In other words I stole the crisps – but in fairness, someone else in the house took the bottle of wine, so it was honours even in the end.

Anyway, one evening the house was empty and it was time to unveil the tasty treat – only to find that these were no ordinary crisps. They weren't even cheese and onion or salt and vinegar – the flavour I'd been hiding for myself was hand-cooked sweet potato, beetroot and parsnip crisps. For once, unfortunately, the crisps tasted exactly like it said on the airtight packet.

Suffice to say that, three weeks later, all but about ten of these crisps are still in the packet, available to anyone else who'd like to try them. They were going slowly stale and soggy from a complete lack of interest from anyone.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2016 18:03

Lol Dermot

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 4 Oct 2016 23:21

Dermot I would have eaten your vegetable crisps for you, I love them.