General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have bitten the bullet !!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Nov 2016 14:52

Been thinking about it for some time but decided today to go for it

Have ordered a DNA kit from ancestry, did hesitate because although it was £79 the p&p was £20 . A bit steep but guess it's coming from the USA .Hope it includes return postage!

Am hoping it shows the percentage of my German ancestry as my paternal dad's family were German

The grandma was maria Marteus which seems French , so wait for the results

Has taken me time to get the mind set to do this so now I want the results ASAP, :-D

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Nov 2016 15:14

Shirley, I hope you get the results you are hoping for x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Nov 2016 01:17

I bet you'll be willing the results back, Shirley, as soon as you've sent it off! I hope the results will give you the answers you hope for.

Lizxx

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Nov 2016 22:17

According to World Names the surname Marteus is confined to a small area of Sweden called Ostergotlands Lan, which is south of Stockholm.

If this is accurate you might have a surprise when you get the results back! :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Nov 2016 23:30

Oooooh that sounds interesting Andysmum

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 18 Nov 2016 08:37

Shirley,I was told that it would be 6-8 weeks before I got my results,but it turned out to be 2 weeks...so may be sooner than you think!
I first got a message that it was in the lab,and then a couple of days later that the results were in....so let's hope yours will be as quick? X :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Nov 2016 09:27

thanks Brenda

Have been told its on its way
:-D