General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martyn

Martyn Report 23 Dec 2016 16:20

Hi all,
I would like to view the entire 1891 census for the village of Redbrook, Gloucestershire. I do not know anyone's name on the census but am interested in the properties. Can this be done?
Thanks in advance.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Dec 2016 16:29

Redbrook, Gloucestershire - genealogy heraldry and history

ukga.org/england/Gloucestershire/towns/Redbrook.html

Redbrook, a chapelry in Newland parish, ... 1901 Gloucestershire Census 1891 Gloucestershire Census 1881 Gloucestershire Census 1871 Gloucestershire Census

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Dec 2016 16:29

GENUKI: GLOUCESTERSHIRE, Gloucestershire

www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Census

Census Returns 1801-1911 Availability and use of Census Records for Gloucestershire Family History research. This web page provides information about online resources ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Dec 2016 16:31

Gloucestershire 1891 Census - S&N Genealogy Supplies

https://genealogysupplies.com/.../Gloucestershire-1891-Census

Gloucestershire 1891 Census Close. Customers who bought this also purchased: ... Gloucestershire Census Bundle - 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1891 and 1901 ...

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 23 Dec 2016 17:47

Do you have access to Ancestry? If you don't subscribe yourself you may get access to it at your local library.

On the right on the home page, there is a box that says Record Collections and under that UK census. Click on 1891. This will take you to another page with a search box. Scroll down below the search box to Included Data and click on 1891 England census. This takes you to another page with Browse Collections in a box on the right. In the section for county, click on Gloucestershire, then under civil parish click on Newland. It will then show a number of enumeration districts. As there were only a few I had a quick look and Redbrook appears to be district 4, so click on that and you should find what you are looking for.

I hope this makes sense. It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds and you should find it quite quickly.