General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

some people are so thick!!

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Dec 2016 21:54

was in M & S food hall this afternoon wandering around the aisles and was looking at some coleslaw marked "Deli style luxury coleslaw" when the woman alongside me looked at her other half and said "Deli? That's Indian isn't it?" to which he replied "Yes". Couldn't help pointing out that Delhi in India has an "h" in it and deli is short for delicatessen - they both looked amazed!! They walk amongst us - they sure do!!

Allan

Allan Report 27 Dec 2016 22:19

But do they breed? :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 27 Dec 2016 22:21

I was in the pound shop today
I needs some batteries and as I went up the food Isle
I heard a posh looking guy on the phone to his partner
Saying Its my turn to cook what type of pot noodles do you like
To me that's not cooking
and who in their right mind would eat cardboard pot noodles anyways
If the Butler did me one

I would hit him with it :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2016 22:27

Do tbey breed? Unfortunately, yes, often prolifically lol

I wouldn't consider Pot Noodles a cooked meal either lol Sadly people feed their children that way too, no nourishment at all for growing bodies and brains.

She isn't stupid by any means, but I had to laugh on Christmas Day. My son bought me some lovely flowers and his fiancee had some similar ones in a vase. I don't think she'd had flowers bought her before she met my son and she doesn't know much about them. She showed me hers and said 'this rose is unusual but it's coming out well.' Bless her, as in my bouquet, it was an ornamental cabbage! I think I might look for a book about flowers for her birthday lol

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Dec 2016 00:20

I occasionally drink wine, I don't like strong wine, but am used to 'rough' Portuguese wine, so I buy Sainsbury's own, in a plastic bottle (also less weight to carry home)
One day, I was putting a bottle in my basket, when a very refined voice asked me what wine tasted like out of a plastic bottle.
' Personally, I use a glass' was my response, 'But each to his own', and strolled over to the checkout. :-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Dec 2016 03:58

Nice one, Maggie lol

I am currently enjoying some rose wine my son gave me a while back. I rarely drink when alone but didn't want to share this. It mentions a hint of strawberry, so I chopped some strawberries I have, and immersed them in the wine. When it's drunk, I will tip the wine soaked strawberries into a bowl, add cream and enjoy. I feel quite decadent lol

Lizxx

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 28 Dec 2016 06:05

Someone I know of, said to her boyfriend -

"Amsterdam, that's near Holland, isn't it ? "

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 28 Dec 2016 11:50

Years ago we went on a package holiday to Italy. The tour rep was telling us, en route to the hotel, that such-and-such a place was nice to visit, with its 'bay-shaped bay' :-S

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Dec 2016 13:20

I laughed at the "stimulated sheepskin" as that is typical of a friend of mine, who is definitely not thick but is prone to use the wrong word. She has just told me that she is feeling very pleased today as she has managed to recuperate some money. :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Dec 2016 14:02

an aunt of mine always used the wrong words - she bought her husband a declining chair!!! she always loved cottages with lettuce windows!!

Phyll

Phyll Report 28 Dec 2016 14:48

An Aunt of my OH used to say she had just interviewed a house.

Annina

Annina Report 28 Dec 2016 15:00

A friend of mine once told me that she had been ejaculated from a shop for complaining. I only just managed to keep a straight face. ;-) ;-) ;-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 28 Dec 2016 15:12

My son in law has dyslexia and often gets his words mixed up.

When he gets words wrong when reading things out, my daughter gets him to break the words down into bits to make it easier.

Recently, he was looking at a leaflet and asked her....
What is "Man-Get-Out ?

She had no idea what he was meaning and asked him what he was reading.
"The flyer from Aldi and it says that Man-Get-Out is on offer"

Mangetout.

Well he did break the word down !

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 29 Dec 2016 00:07

Some years ago a relation of my wife want to varnish the floor and asked the hardware store for some polyurinated stuff.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 29 Dec 2016 07:36

Busily pouring tea at a parish function, I asked someone if they would please refill the large teapot. "With tea?" came the response.

I was very tempted to say......."No, let's try vodka!" but kept it zipped........doh.

Von

Von Report 29 Dec 2016 09:59

My Mum told me that she had bought the new baby next door a grow bag. :-D

Kate Shaw

Kate Shaw Report 29 Dec 2016 18:38

A friend of mine worked in a dispensary in a doctor's surgery and someone once asked her for some incompetence pads!

Kate

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Dec 2016 06:03

Who's taken a dislike to Ann?

I hope GR take note of personal vendettas, because that's what it looks like.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 30 Dec 2016 09:16

Obvously the RR'r is bored with it being the holidays and they are obviously Billy no friends

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Dec 2016 09:29

There was nothing wrong with the opening post

Someone has itchy fingers or a false sense of moralty :-(