General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Potter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2016 19:05

Whose decision is it to mess up the soaps to show wall to wall Harry Potter. Once again we get pushed out. As bad as sport.

Von

Von Report 29 Dec 2016 21:48

Afraid I don't watch soaps Ann and don't watch Harry Potter either :-D :-D

Currently watching " To walk invisible' but it's a bit slow :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Dec 2016 22:33

and let's face it - all the Harry Potter films have been on over and over again!!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Dec 2016 06:02

Weren't there soaps when there normally aren't any on Christmas day, though?

I don't watch any of them and have never seen a Harry Potter film from beginning to end.

Thank goodness for Freeview and NowTV.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2016 10:43

Gwyn yes, there probably were, don't watch them on Christmas day though, usually watch those on record. It is not really the losing of a soap, more the repeat, repeats of HP gets on my nerves.

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Dec 2016 10:51

Agree Ann .every Day Harry Potter .not a fan at all .lets get back to normal TV whatever that is Happy New Year All x :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Dec 2016 10:56

Although we don't watch the evening soaps, we do get fed up with the same film or series of films being aired. It happens on other channels throughout the year as well.
It's as if they've paid to access them for a certain number of successive days and need to get their money's worth.
You only need to search for a particular title to add to the planner or download to realise how often they are aired.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 30 Dec 2016 11:45

I don't watch soaps. I don't mind Harry Potter. However, we all have a moan when our particular favourite programmes get rescheduled. I get annoyed when a couple of things I do watch get dropped in favour of golf or snooker.

I think the schedulers put on the programmes they think will have the highest viewing figures. At this time of year there are a lot of youngsters home from school and men on holiday from work and I imagine they are more likely to watch Harry Potter than the soaps. (That's just my feeling, I have no evidence for saying that.)

Good viewing folks, whatever you enjoy
:-D

EDIT. Far more annoying are the OHs who set the recorder wrongly. I couldn't understand why we had apparently recorded a children's cartoon programme. Then the penny dropped. I had asked himself to record a programme at 9 pm and the idiot had set the timer for 9 am. You just can't get the staff these days ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2016 13:02

Lol Vera.

Harry Potter, fine, if they put it on during the day when people are off work and children not at school, but last night it was taking up nearly the whole of ITV evening viewing.

Oh I agree about sport as well.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 30 Dec 2016 13:08

I to find the tv boring this week, even with an abdroid box im struggling to find anything,

i want my soaps back, lol, id rather they put the soaps on as normal and not on the xmas/new year weekends, when im too busy with family to watch them anyways lol,

And sport should have its own channrl on the moon lololol.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2016 15:41

hear hear Stray!!

K

K Report 31 Dec 2016 06:44

I don't watch the TV soaps but do listen to the radio Archers which is unaffected :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Dec 2016 16:27

K :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D