General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Know Member's Name and Number

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 30 Dec 2016 17:53

Hi. I've found someone who is a member and I know the membership number. How do I contact him please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Dec 2016 18:30

Presumably you both have the same ancestor in your trees?

Use the Search all member trees function - top right under search - for the mutual name.
There should be a list of results with the tree owners first name against them.
Click the 'Find out more' button to reveal the members surname & membership number. If it matches with the details you have, you can send a message.

Use the back button on your computer if he's the wrong person.

To check if your message has been read, look in your sent message box on GR. Unread ones have an envelope icon next to them.

Kense

Kense Report 30 Dec 2016 19:05

You can select the name of any person who has posted and you will get a message blank form displayed and the URL shown is of the form: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/new/12345678

Change the number to the membership number of the person you want to contact and the form will modify slightly and you can then compose a message.

Michael

Michael Report 30 Dec 2016 19:56

Thank you +++DetEcTive+++ and Kense. Those tips were very useful, I'll give them a go.

Your rapid replies are very much appreciated.

Mike :-)