General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Year Resolution!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry_

Barry_ Report 1 Jan 2017 02:48

Does anyone make resolutions these days ... far less keep them?

Days ago in the mailonline (perhaps I should have ignored the article AND the paper there and then) the age old argument about loo rolls surfaced yet again.
Does one 'present' one's loo roll with the paper 'over' (no, no, NO!) or does one 'present' one's loo roll with the paper under (yes, yes, YES! I'm getting shades of Dibley here.)

Always be grateful there IS a roll ... regardless the way it is presented.
(A good soldier always checks beforehand. No one wants to be embarrassed at this time!)

I think this year every home I visit - if I'm lucky to be invited - I'll check the loo roll is correctly presented i.e. 'under'.
This presentation stops the roll unfolding everywhere when it is pulled quickly!
(Bin there, dun that. I'm speaking from a lifetime of experience!)

If said roll is not correct, I may have to ... ahem ... modify its position on the holder.
This is my resolution. (I'm always happy to oblige! Folk are always nice to me.)

BTW, I took this picture (the first vertical holder I have seen. Why didn't I think of this?) at an apartment in Sydney where I stayed last week.
Perhaps it's the definitive answer ... ?
(Perfic, perhaps, as Pa Larkin would say.)
Being vertical, it lifts off the holder and can thus be handled easily when one is sitting on the loo. Reading, perhaps!

I'm sure you will have your thoughts about 'over' and 'under'.
Don't be shy about unrolling yourself. You are among friends!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l52byxymbsdf7sf/On-A-Roll.jpg?dl=0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Jan 2017 09:17

Happy New Year Barry and my answer to your posting is. As long as there is a loo roll handy I care not which way it is presented :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 1 Jan 2017 10:16

Happy New Year, Barry and thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning :-)

I have to confess to preferring the 'over' option, but as long as there is one present, I certainly wouldn't have a hissy fit if it was 'under' :-D :-D

Is it too late for me to make a New Year resolution now to ensure that I put them all on the other way round in future? ;-) ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jan 2017 11:14

Definitely an 'over'. You're less likely to wear off the paint or wallpaper.

New Year resolutions made without consideration were too easily broken. On that basis, we don't publicise any we might make.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 1 Jan 2017 13:59

An 'over' , at least until Yggi the cat decided he was an Andrex puppy and kept unravelling it - now it's kept on top of the bathroom cabinet out of his reach, and I have to remember to fetch it down everytime I go to the bathroom.

See the little perisher in action ( not quite sure why the looroll is hung the wrong way!):

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/44288764

Not a resolution person, why set myself up for failure ;-)

Barry_

Barry_ Report 1 Jan 2017 14:32

A very nice picture of Yggi, Kucinta.
Thanks for sharing.
Who knows what is going through the minds of pets with such antics?
They do keep us entertained, that's certain!

I can't figure why I had to sign in yet again to GR to see your picture when I was already signed in!
Anyone know why, please?
Answers on a postcard! Ta.