General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sharing my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 1 Jan 2017 16:10

Hi can anyone tell me how I share my tree with someone they have just got a free trial and want to c my tree as they are related to me.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jan 2017 17:12

As far as I'm aware, free members i.e. haven't paid for any sort of sub, can't view other people's trees.

If they've sent you a message, go into your Contacts and tick the allow to view your tree. The system should send them a message telling them you've done so.

Might it be easier if they either open their tree to you, or at least tell you the sequence of ancestors?

Kense

Kense Report 1 Jan 2017 21:59

Free members can't send messages except as replies to messages received from standard members. Therefore you would have to send them a message. I don't know whether that would allow you to share trees.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jan 2017 22:41

Does anyone know if Trial members can use most of the community facilities?

We often get posts on here from people who have joined that month, but never return. Its difficult to know if its because they don't know how the community boards work, or if they've decided not to pay after their free 14 day period.

If they can post, it does suggest they can send messages, and possibly view other member's trees.