General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Jan 2017 11:34

There was a lot of talk about Prince Andrews Daughters re not getting the recognition they should have ..Prince Charles has said no to more perks ? well what about Prince Harry he is off again on a Holiday to Norway with his Girlfriend .& William apparently hasn't done a lot of Royal Duties .what honestly do people think of The royals of today .I think when our Queen passes or stands down we should certainly condense the Royals .any thoughts on here Barbra :-) will be back later today .

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Jan 2017 12:49

The Royal family bring in millions to this country.
I can't understand why you object to Prince Harry going on holiday with his girlfriend. Why shouldn't he have a private life after being a soldier for 10 years & doing two tours of Afghanistan?

Duties

Prince Harry combines a programme of charitable activity alongside his public service in support of The Queen, undertaking official engagements in the UK and overseas.
He is Patron of a number of organisations and spends the majority of his charitable work focusing on the welfare of servicemen and women, championing developmental opportunities for hard to reach children and African conservation.

He co-founded the charity Sentebale with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in memory of their mothers (Sentebale means ‘Forget me not’) to support orphans and vulnerable children in Lesotho. Alongside his brother and sister-in-law, he is also Patron of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

In 2014, Prince Harry created and helped organise the Invictus Games in London. The Games are an international adaptive sporting event for wounded, injured and sick Servicemen and women. They use the power of sport to inspire recover, support rehabilitation and generate a wider understanding and respect of all those who serve their country. The inaugural Invictus Games held in London saw over 400 competitors from 13 nations compete in nine adaptive sports

Prince William works as an air ambulance pilot. Helping to save the lives of ordinary people.
Prince William hints he will take on more duties when the time comes http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/19/prince-william-queen-support/

More info on William & his duties here http://www.dukeandduchessofcambridge.org/?__utma=1.492223134.1483792860.1483792860.1483792860.1&__utmb=1.3.10.1483792860&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1483792860.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=162177980

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Jan 2017 13:04

There's not a days work in the two ugly sisters
why should we pay for them to live the life of Riley

Let their parents support them
or do what our kids do
GET A JOB :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2017 13:23

I think both of Prince Andrew's daughters have jobs. Doesn't one of them work in an art gallery in New York.

Those two are in a strange position in that they are not really part of the Royal Family but are very recognizable and vulnerable so they do need protection from the possibility of kidnap or whatever but I don't think they are eligible for proper Royal protection.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2017 14:14

I think Beatrice and Eugenie put themselves in the spotlight too much.
Having said that, they are 7th and 8th in line to the throne, but don't perform any official royal duties, hence no privy allowance.

Zara Tindall (daughter of Princess Anne) is obviously in the media spotlight, as she is/was an Olympic standard horsewoman - but who hears anything of her brother, Peter? He has a sort of 'proper' job!! :-D

It's not beyond the realms of reality for both Eugenie and Beatrice to get proper jobs - ones that pay

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Jan 2017 18:34

William & Kate are reportedly moving from a Beautiful home .to live in Kensington Palace .to be nearer school for George .how much was the update of their Norfolk property I do not believe that Harry in the role he has should be broadcasting his private life with his girlfriend .they are adults sure .but he is Royal .sorry it seems that they can do what they want discretion should surely play a part in their lives ...some one on here is a true royalist as I am for our Queen she is nothing but an absolute lady .They need to condense down .Princess Ann & her Children are also Good examples of getting on with their work & Family life .Oh well good job we are not all of the same mind :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Jan 2017 19:47

I think both Beatrice & Eugenie are beautiful looking ladies.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Jan 2017 20:39

Kicks Dermot's Guide dog :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Jan 2017 20:44

We're all entitled to a personal opinion - Brexit or no Brexit & that includes you JoyBoroAngel. There won’t be agreement between us until each understands what the other is talking about.

Leave my blind three-legged pooch alone!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Jan 2017 22:18

Passes it a bone :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jan 2017 10:45

The Queen looked alright as she went into church on Sunday glad she is out & about .well our Prince Harry is on another trip best man at a palls Wedding fair enough but when does he ever do any proper work ? answers please & Royal .com

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Jan 2017 11:38

The Government is doing its best to reduce the dole queue.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jan 2017 12:09

I would ask those who are vehemently anti royal family who they would like to see as our president.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 9 Jan 2017 12:14

Better the Royals than a Trump.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jan 2017 12:19

I was pleased to see the Queen looked on the mend too :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 9 Jan 2017 12:26

A strong lady nothing keeps her down for long :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jan 2017 13:10

I am not against royal family .suppose it sells news papers a bit of *hot gossip* .just be more discreet Young Members & long live the Queen . :-) Tump no thanks :-|

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 9 Jan 2017 13:27

Would rather have Prince Harry - he does a lot for the wounded troops & Paralympics. At least he behaves like a normal person not a model or celebrity & gets involved in lots of things.

Still not sure about having William as King (but hopefully will be too old to care about it then) he seems ok on & off depending on which event you see him at. He seems to show he cares & he looks like a normal person.

- but Kate needs to do a lot more for the elderly & less for herself & this mental health thing all the time, she needs to think about others first - she needs to try to look like a normal person rather than a size zero glamour model on all the trips.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Jan 2017 13:42

I'm with Emma. Imagine having a Trump and family as our first family!!!

If we'd gone down that road, we'd have had Blair and family.

Even worse (if that is possible), have been some of the Asian despots in power during our lifetime.

The Queen has done her duty in an exemplary manner. Let's hope future rulers take her as their example. If they pull their weight, we could end up with a pared-down working royal family without the hangers-on we've had in the past. That would be a win-win situation.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 9 Jan 2017 14:10

senatus Populusque Romanus

"Only the expenditure of one’s own resources is harmful; and, indeed, nothing feeds upon itself as liberality does. The more it is indulged, the fewer are the means to indulge it further. As a consequence, a prince becomes poor and contemptible or, to escape poverty, becomes rapacious and hateful. Of all the things he must guard against, hatred and contempt come first, and liberality leads to both. Therefore it is better to have a name for miserliness, which breeds disgrace without hatred, than, in pursuing a name for liberality, to resort to rapacity, which breeds both disgrace and hatred."

The Prince, Machiavelli