General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trump Administration

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 17 Feb 2017 23:09

I'm wondering why the Trump Administration is beginning to remind me of Hans Christian Andersen's story of The Emperor's New Clothes?

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Feb 2017 23:11

I have memories of a book I read by William Shirer.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Feb 2017 23:24

I had to Google that one, Sharron, but I take your point

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Feb 2017 23:33

When he talks, Trump reminds me of the worst kind of teenage girl - almost a parody of Vicky Pollard from 'Little Britain' - 'Yea but no but'.....

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Feb 2017 08:12

Am I the only one who thinks she is going loopy ..... and it's all Trump's fault?

When he's on telly, I correct him or tell him what's wrong with him - as if he can hear me, or - as if he would even care! :-S

Oh dear, how sad, never mind eh! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Feb 2017 09:02

I don't get around to correcting him - I'm just sat there opened mouthed in disbelief!

After his press conference, Hugh Laurie tweeted 'Will there be a separate conference for the verbs?' :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 18 Feb 2017 09:17

That could make a great chidren's programme....The Verbs:-D :-D

I'm just wondering (wandering) how I seem to have drifted into a parallel universe. :-S

Lewis Carroll has a lot to answer for!

Many people ingest certain substances to escape from reality. My wine must be more potent than I thought :-0

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Feb 2017 09:41

Allan, you're now in Trump's alternative universe and that's an alternative fact. :-D

Linda

Linda Report 18 Feb 2017 09:46

I had a message from my cousin the other night she started with Hi Lynn welcome to Trump land I had laugh it was if they were living in fairy land she's coming over in June it will be very interesting to hear all about firsthand.

I was talking to men in the warden control where mum lived and they think someone will take a pop at him whatever happens his lies will catch him out :-D

Allan

Allan Report 18 Feb 2017 09:57

Alternative facts, Linda, alternative facts ;-) :-D :-D :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Feb 2017 17:42

Alternative facts?
From the man himself!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/world/europe/last-night-in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

Whatever this was, Sweden doesn't know anything about it.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Feb 2017 18:14

Although the fat fellow dislikes the media generally, he certainly gets his esoteric messages across using the same facilities.

Mostly myths & nonsense, of course.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Feb 2017 18:34

Although Trump's reported approval rate is only 40% it is 85% with Republicans.
Make of that what you will.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 19 Feb 2017 18:49

Well he's got Sweden wondering what happened on Friday night after at the Florida rally he said look what happened last night in Sweden after taking in all the migrants.

More fake news??????????????

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Feb 2017 21:12

it happened in the alternative world of Trump and his associates!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Feb 2017 22:59

He holds a press conference where he continually accuses the press of lying - and tells his supporters they should only believe him - he will tell the truth.

Two days later, he invents a terrorism event in Sweden, caused by it's immigrants!! :-S
To use his own words:
'Look what's happening last night in Sweden' :-D :-D :-D

Sweden's former prime minister asks 'What's Trump been smoking?' :-D :-D

Sewdish Embassy's response?

"Unclear to us what President Trump was referring to, have asked US officials for explanation"

Trump now says he was referring to a Fox News article.
It appears it was an old Fox News article - that has since been debunked.

Allan

Allan Report 19 Feb 2017 23:10

If he wants to reference old news and relate it to terrorism, I might send him a copy of this from a couple of years ago

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/police-divers-resume-leschenault-inlet-search-for-deadly-explosive-tatp/news-story/af8627c57391ffb8cd51de1efaf079a3

Per capita Australind does have a fair proportion of immigrants, mainly from the UK and South Africa with a smattering of other nationalities.

The Republic of Australind should close its borders at once!

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Feb 2017 23:38

Responses in the main article are funny:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jk-rowling-tributes-donald-trump-sweden-terror-attack_uk_58a98bc6e4b045cd34c28a4b?s8o4wgo54vc8arlik9&utm_hp_ref=uk

Allan

Allan Report 19 Feb 2017 23:51

The danger is that he may start to take himself seriously.

I found this article extremely interesting

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Feb 2017 00:09

The Swedish Embassy in Washington, DC has now asked Trump what he was talking about on Saturday :-D