General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am being entertained.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2017 14:19

I don't like football but OH is an ardent Tottenham fan.

We compromize, he watches it in the front room but does not have the sound on, well, ther would be no commentary at the match would there? He also does not shout instructions because they are quite a long way away and might not hear him.

Anyway, I think they might be doing quite well because, every now and again, he kind of sways about and waves his arms in the air whilst moving his jaw up and down.

Fun to watch.

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Feb 2017 16:18

Today it has to be Saints day for the cup !! Forget overpaid Manchester.... :-D

other days he can support Spurs

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Feb 2017 18:50

Oh dear...oh well next time :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Feb 2017 20:17

I was willing the Saints on but hey ho they played well. As for Spurs :-0 I shall say no more ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Feb 2017 22:22

Sharron, why not get headphones for your o.h. ? They make life so much better when one person is watching something no-one else wants to hear, even in the same room. I do understand your reasoning about the football match tho, but a silent match doesn't have quite the atmosphere perhaps.

Luckily, o.h. is not into football

Lizx

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Feb 2017 22:30

Yep Saints did us proud to even get there...winning would have been nice though :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Feb 2017 22:48

Not silent in this household when our lads play :-D :-D. I would have loved The Saints to have beaten those prima Donnas Caroline :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2017 23:21

Ohhh.

This was supposed to take the rise out of my other half not inspire a talk about football.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Feb 2017 23:30

Being a Gooner I always take the rise out of Spurs fans ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Feb 2017 00:16

Being a Spurs fan is sad enough for life.......end of

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Feb 2017 00:52

But I find everything about football sad.What is it for FGS?

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Feb 2017 12:47

What is football....it's like golf but for more men....a good walk wasted...and for out of work actors who go for the oscars every time they take a fall.... :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Feb 2017 14:22

Caroline :-D :-D :-D

Sharron what is it for? A waste of time!!