General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How I feel.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2017 14:48

In the light of recent activity I thought I might tell you how I feel about everybody on here.

I don't look up to anybody on these boards and neither do I look down although I do look somewhat askance at posing, showing off and narrow mindedness and try to turn away from them until they really annoy me.

I know an enormous amount more than you do about certain things and, had you been as interested as I was, you would know the same amount rather than the enormous amount you know about whatever it was that interested you and of which I know little.

You are more than likely better off than I am and I am pleased for you but I have enough so I will not waste my time in envy and you will certainly have done more than me, I am practically a non- achiever but I do like to experiment.

Are we not all on here for a bit of cyber company?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Mar 2017 14:50

Well said Sharron. <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Mar 2017 15:05

exactly Sharron - couldn't agree more <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Mar 2017 15:17

In a nutshell Sharron :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Mar 2017 15:26

Hey compared to many I'm boring...well you know what boring is good no surprises with boring :-D :-D :-D
Well said Sharron totally agree

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Mar 2017 16:28

yep Sharron, totally agree. I bet you know more than me about welding and lots of other things that you don't think you know more than anyone but you do. I know a little about a little and not a lot about a lot! :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2017 16:31

I probably do know more about welding but you don't want to hear about it do you? Everybody has their own expertise.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Mar 2017 16:35

Oh I don't know I can think of a few things that need welding shut once in a while !

I know nothing at all about welding other than my husband has been able to do it in the past and it seems we have welding gear stored here somewhere.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2017 16:40

But you will have your own expertise about which I will know little or nothing. You just have not thought to parade your knowledge as something special and I should probably have kept quiet about the welding as well!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Mar 2017 16:44

Why Sharron, I think it is interesting that you know how to weld but no, I probably don't want to hear about it. I'll let you know if I need any advice any time.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2017 16:49

And I will tell you that I have forgotten!

This thread is not supposed to be about what I know (how dull!) but about the fact that everybody else knows as much, probably more, but about different things.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Mar 2017 16:56

I agree, Sharron, and I try not to comment on threads where I don't know much and I know that others on here know far more.

I think the problems arise when people think they know more than they actually do!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2017 16:58

It is very easy to look things up in Wiki.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Mar 2017 17:07

I take Wiki with a large pinch of salt - it's only as accurate as the knowledge of the person adding to it.

A lot of it is excellent, but I've seen a few very odd statements!

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Mar 2017 18:18

I know some that can bore your socks off....

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Mar 2017 18:19

By the way I'm glad you think I might expert at something....maybe I just haven't found out what yet :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Mar 2017 18:55

Well said, Sharron.
May I also add, that when it transpires 'A' knows more than 'B' about something, or has the audacity to contradict them with an alternative view, the intelligent response isn't to insult them!! :-| :-|

That merely shows ignorance and lack of 'class' don'cha know :-D :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 8 Mar 2017 19:19

To quote Manuel, "I know nothing".

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Mar 2017 20:00

Hmm Maggie that sounds like someone ;-) :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Mar 2017 20:47

No, just a general view on how civilised people behave - no matter what 'class' (whatever that is) they think they belong to ;-)

You also have to be a little more aware of other peoples feelings on the internet.

I have to do this (sometimes) in real life, as my face tends to say what I'm really thinking, not what I'm saying :-S
When really pushed, I've been known to provoke both small children and dogs to silence, with just a 'look', a 'look' I'm unaware I'm giving. :-0

My children find it hilarious :-| :-|