General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deceased tree owner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lizzie

lizzie Report 9 Mar 2017 19:58

Ive just started tracing my family tree, typed in my GMs details and there is already a tree... owned by my mum who passed a couple of years ago. I had no idea she was tracing the tree and have no idea how far she got but would like to view it. Is this possible? Cant find any info on how to ask GR about this. I have her death ert etc if needed as proof. Thanks in advance!

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Mar 2017 21:00

Hi Lizzie
Welcome to the boards. Genes don't make it easy to find how to contact them do they?

Try emailing: [email protected]. You might have to wait a day or two for an answer.

Good luck with your research

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Mar 2017 22:00

I did exactly what Vera suggests when I found my late brother in laws tree on here, and they removed it. Didn't need his death cert.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Mar 2017 23:25

I don't think Lizzie necessarily wants Genes to remove the tree. She wants to view it which is a bit different and I don't think Genes will allow her to - although I could be wrong about that.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Mar 2017 00:54

the tree owner is supposed to give permission for another member to view .......

therefore I think that Kath is correct.

Unfortunately in this case :-(