General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CLOCKS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Mar 2017 22:14

Clocks forward tonight :-D

kandj

kandj Report 25 Mar 2017 22:23

Thanks Ann. All easy clocks already done here. The two wall clocks I will leave
until the morning. Daren't risk falling off a chair when we are both headed for bed.

Really doesn't seem all that long ago since I put the clocks back an hour before!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Mar 2017 22:34

Made a start on MY lott!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Mar 2017 22:55

Typical! Mother's day on the day when you lose an hours sleep :-|

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Mar 2017 22:57

Time to start my Garden for the summer :-D :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 26 Mar 2017 16:58

Do we REALLY need to go through this nonsense twice a year?

I'd rather stick to GMT all year round but would put up with GMT +1 (Summer time) all year if I didn't have to go round changing clocks, watches, timers et al.

Some of them are so difficult to do without hunting out the manual that they are still on summer time from last year!

Linda

Linda Report 26 Mar 2017 19:59

Anyone forgot to do theirs I'm down with my mum so have to do mine when I go home :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 26 Mar 2017 22:01

We are still confuzzled.

Woke up this morning and all our electronic devices, computers and mobile phones had already reset themselves as we expected

However, the bedside alarm clock had adjusted itself too.

We can't work out how, because there is no date function on it ?

Kense

Kense Report 26 Mar 2017 22:32

It must be a radio controlled one. The transmitter sends a signal to use Daylight Saving Time, so the clock doesn't need to know the date.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 27 Mar 2017 00:02

Well Kense, we live and learn!

That must be the reason.
The clock isn't new although it sat in the unopened box, in a cupboard for about 3yrs.
We only starting using it in the last year when the old one died

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Mar 2017 21:49

I salvaged a central heating timer several years ago....didn't actually use it for ages, but when I did.............the time n date were within a minute or two of being correct.......a lot of stuff have built in processors which DO know what the date /time is( or should be...)