General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Extensive Wardrobe

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Mar 2017 17:45

For the first time in a very long time, I have been ironing. I still can't use the tumble dryer or the hoover and I do have a bit of a problem with the kettle but I have done a huge pile of ironing that has been building up for some time on top of the tumble dryer.

As the pile of ironing on the tumble dryer goes down, the bread maker is being revealed. Who knows, I may be bread-making again soon!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Mar 2017 17:52

Love the smell of baking bread . Plus coffee being roasted

Uhhhmmmm lovely
:-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Mar 2017 18:30

I know some people love ironing but I loathe it, so can I send mine to you Sharron? As for the bread maker being buried could have been worse I suppose !

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Mar 2017 18:43

I have been terrified every time I have attempted to do my ironing for a long time

It was not really the ironing but I still have to break every job I do into its component parts and when you do that, it is far too complicated to contemplate.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Mar 2017 20:31

I don't know what sort of problem you have with the tumble dryer, but that might be a way of avoiding ironing.

By carefully draping or hanging clothes and neatly folding them straight after drying, I can dispense with just about all ironing.

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Mar 2017 20:46

My mate always said that but I think the draping and careful folding might be a bigger pain than ironing.

I don't really mind a bit of ironing, it is another step forward. The putting it away afterwards is something I can't even think about yet. I have to do that when I am in the right frame of mind again.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Mar 2017 21:44

Decisions Sharron,

I HATE decisions......

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Mar 2017 21:52

Oo, you like ironing don't you Bob.? Wanna do mine?

Two years ago, my OH was coming home to a sink full of spuds, one half peeled and me on the sofa, furiously knitting dishcloths and crying so doing this bit of ironing is a giant leap for me.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Mar 2017 23:06

I do what you do, Gwyn - hang in a particular way, fold when I take it in - perfect! :-D
I iron 1 pair of trousers and maybe 3 shirts a week :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Mar 2017 15:47

Me ironing is a family joke

Yes i did iron on a Sunday for the weeks wash that was done on a sat. I worked full time all week so weekends was catch up chores time

I absolutely hate shirt ironing cos hubby would criticise his shirts.Well his mum sent them to a local laundry so they came back laundered and folded . But not necessarily spot on clean necks

It's a family joke that grandad wore check shirts daily. Yes he did and they didn't need ironing . But when he needed a cotton shirt they weren't ironed ,not true!! So he would buy a new shirt.

Sort of part true but I did iron , some shirts tho were non iron and i did my best to keep em looking ok . I would iron non iron but they didn't look any different

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 Mar 2017 16:37

Ironing and laundry services
Garrison Hill, Droxford So32

:-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 17:15

What?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Mar 2017 19:53

I've only Ironed twice in the last two years
I put things in the Tumble for 15/20 mins ands then fold :-D :-D

I used to pay my granddaughter to do it :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2017 20:18

Since he retired early and before we had a tumble drier OH has always done all the ironing. Most doesn't need ironing now escept his shirts and both our trousers, he does those

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2017 21:32

...because you obviously want to send your ironing as far away as possible, Sharron!! :-D :-D

There's a 24 hour one in Birmingham, that's a bit further away.
'Only' £14 wash & tumble, and £1.79 to iron a shirt!

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 21:48

One of Fred's carers takes in ironing at £10 a basket which I think is doing herself a disservice.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2017 22:00

...some people enjoy it :-0

I only enjoy doing as little as possible, as quickly as possible :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Mar 2017 13:13

I haven't had to iron a single thing in about 10 years. I do use my tumble drier, I do hang everything up that needs to dry on a hanger after reshaping.

Sheets/duvet covers (superking nightmares) are tumbled then folded and placed under a heap of other linen to appear ironed.

Can't be doing with it at all.

;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2017 13:24

Strangely, I can't be doing with all the pulling and shaping.

When I am sane, I quite like making a big heap of wrinkly into a smallish pile of smooth wit the iron in front of the tele. I have a superking bed as well but I don't use a duvet. We have sheets and a number of throws and they never see an iron.

The really hard bit about ironing, and washing up, is the putting away. I hate it with a vengeance. We don't have a washing up machine because we don't really mind that bit, again, it is the putting away!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Mar 2017 16:25

Sharron do you know exactly why you don't like (or hate) putting things away.