General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another Disappointment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 12:04

Yesterday we went to that cafe Fred used to use.Not the one where he had the sausage sandwiches but the other one where they gave him a cup of tea when he fell out of his wheelchair.

Anyway, even as I had not finished my dinner, I thought i would have a sweet. Most of their sweets are Brake Brothers but they do make some as well and the one that appealed to me was the fresh fruit pavlova. I am not that struck on meringue but I thought I could leave that and eat all the fruit I had in my mind's eye. I was imagining a flat creation with strawberries and raspberries and blueberries and all sorts of luscious fruit on it so I asked for a bit of Mr Whippy with it rather than cream which I also don't like much.

Oh, sad, when it came to the table it was about four inches high, and inch of which was meringue and the other three whipped cream. The fresh fruit component was a few raspberries and some sliced strawberries. Just to complete the disappointment, it had that red sauce stuff zig-zagged over it!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2017 12:29

Not a good choice then. You will know next time!

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2017 18:42

I think you should go often, each time trying a new treat until you can pick the best one...

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 19:17

I don't think I will bother again.

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2017 19:18

Okay try a new place same experiment...

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 19:51

Do you think I have nothing better to do than to eat puddings I don't like? I suppose you must do.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2017 21:33

.....I can think of worse things..... :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 21:46

Like?

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2017 21:53

Maybe I don't know it's got to be better than ironing surely ?!

Worse things than eating puddings you don't like.......listening to music you don't being played on a loop...

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Mar 2017 22:04

As Caroline said, ironing.
Being 'mansplained' at.
Sitting on a bus filled with children eating 'Haribos' or 'monster munch' (instant 'gagging' on my part)
Cutting the hedge

Hearing my neighbours 'talk' to each other in the garden (98 decibals minimum)
Why do they take phone calls in the garden?

Doing the dishes
Doing any housework
Clearing up cat vomit.

I could go on........

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2017 22:42

Ironing.

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2017 23:51

Sorry Sharron....you're ironing again therefore you're not happy or Ironing is worse than eating lots of puddings either way you're not happy......???? :-S