General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do we need more life in these boards?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Apr 2017 23:01

Well how can we change that....think of some fun general things to talk about......

Caroline

Caroline Report 5 Apr 2017 23:53

Exactly Joan

Ideas anyone ?

Allan

Allan Report 6 Apr 2017 00:50

It doesn't matter what you do, Caroline :-(

I enjoy a good conspiracy theory and here is mine:

The RR' is not a member of GR whether paying or not, but a staff member.

Here is my logic(?) Whilst some of the posts could, with a little stretch of the imagination offend someone, some perfectly innocent ones are reported and this is happening more frequently.

Previously, someone at GR vetted the reported posts and many of the innocent ones were restated. This eliminated the possibility that a post had been reported due to a clash of personalities, not for any content.

That now does not appear to be the case.

This is leading to frustration on the part of paying members to not renew.

This downturn in membership, if it continues will reach the point where GR say that they have insufficient numbers to run the site and have reluctantly decided to close it.

This would also explain why the site seems to lack any general maintenance, response announcements etc. The last announcement on that thread was back in 2015.

So, that's my theory: it's all a plot to close the site :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Apr 2017 00:55

The obvious problem is that you've applied logic Allan.

Another way of looking at it is the mice want to know what will happen if we're bombarded with non stop nonsense. :-S :-S :-S

The boards should be fun and the cowards can go and......

fill in the blanks at your own peril...

Allan

Allan Report 6 Apr 2017 00:57

Is it something to do with s*x and travel? :-0 :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Apr 2017 01:02

Maybe........ :-D :-S :-D