General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Strange text

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Apr 2017 14:21

OH had a text this morning purporting to be from the DVLA Swansea who were trying to contact him and asking him to click a link.

He rang DVLA who said they would never try to contact by text and to delete it.

David

David Report 12 Apr 2017 15:28

Sharon, find out who the incoming call was from and bar that number.

Whoever it is is in possession of too much information :-0

Caroline

Caroline Report 12 Apr 2017 15:57

So many text or emails these days that are fraudulent you have to be careful

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2017 16:00

Yet another scammer . You have to be so alert these days

I go on I don't click on any links on incoming emails or give personal info on any unsolicited phone calls
I don't buy at the door either and send JW,S away with not interested we are a catholic household
I have call baring on nos withheld and am on tel prefrence that stops lots of calls but some still get through
I hate sites where you are buying but stil want a tel nos .if I can get away with 00000000000 then I do

Problem is if you have given your home tell nos then tel preference can't help

I have a BIG grouch with SKY . We had the tv bundle as well as we had virgin media for tel and broadband

I paid for Sky and hubby paid for virgin media . When he passed away I didn't need or could afford both so I decided to cancel Sky and upgrade my virgin media to include the tv

So I cancelled SKY answered truthfully why I was cancelling cos hubby had died and I couldn't afford both, was out of contract too so no problem

Well YES THERE IS bloody sky keeps ringing me even though I have said what don't you understand ,I lost my husband and you are making it worse by keep harassing me

I have found a way to block them on my home phone but they have tried by ringing from another number and by sending me letters

Bloody company are a nuisance

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Apr 2017 01:18

there is a DVLA scam about, regarding driving licences.............
Bob