General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's in a name?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 11:48

....before I am outed lol.

Returning to help with a search off site which req' messaging here, I have changed my name to avoid the irritation of never knowing whether it is me being talked about or the dreaded 'RR' ( def' more than one of them...only one of me, relief all round :-) )

It's already been spotted that I have been here a long time and have a lot of post to my name ( well done to the person who recognised from one post that it was me lol :-) )

Wasn't able to have Rose or Rosie as a board name as they are both taken so new name, but same old opinions ;-)

Not sure my timing was very good given that I have just heard there is to be an election lol. No comment? Impossible!

Rose..still rambling.

PS thanks to the people who kept in touch via messages, much appreciated & you know who you are :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 18 Apr 2017 11:59

Thanks Rose - you have put my mind at rest. It was obvious you were an old member and I sort of recognised the way of writing, but I couldn't quite pin you down. I was concerned that the only member I have totally disliked had made a return.

I am very relieved to see it's you. Welcome back <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 12:02

Thankyou Vera :-) <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2017 12:10

:-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 18 Apr 2017 12:13

You are very welcome here..... :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 12:13

+++DetEcTive+++, truly deserving of the name ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 12:19

Thankyou Mr Magoo :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2017 12:19

T'was only 'cos I didn't recognise the board name. Nyx seemed too knowledgeable to be a newby. Then, of course, you'd left your message name as Rose x.
Click, click. Lightbulb moment. :-D

Try not to spend too much time on here if it does damage to your mind or body.

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 12:26

Too late for the mind Detective :-) But no won't be able to type for long at any one time, now pretty sure I know what is wrong with my hand, if only because of the 'things it's not'.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Apr 2017 12:40

Hi Rose, welcome back :-) <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 12:55

Thankyou Pat :-)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 18 Apr 2017 15:38

Nice to see you back even though I'm not on here as much now

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 16:00

Thankyou Tenerife Sun :-)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 18 Apr 2017 16:26

'Nyx' sounds nice - like a mythological water nymph :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 16:46

lol Sheila, well apparently she was the goddess of the night,and 'Nyx' has the main advantage of being very short to type :-)

Von

Von Report 18 Apr 2017 17:02

Welcome back Rose. Really pleased to have you back :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 17:15

Thankyou Von :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Apr 2017 18:45

Oh Rose, welcome, good to see someone return to put a bit of 'bite' onto the board :-D you are very welcome.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Apr 2017 18:52

Welcome home Rose x :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2017 19:28

Thankyou Ann, I have made every effort NOT to bite lol, but I will no doubt do so at some point ;-)

~~~~Joy :-)