General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 18 Apr 2017 17:02

Some of you will remember me putting a message on here about closing a open record on fmp

I also said that i had been in touch with them and they were going to do it

No it wasn't closed so have had to tell them again the person who is open who should be closed is my mum so i know she is still alive

So hopefully now it will be closed

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2017 17:14

They'll get there in the end :-)

Island

Island Report 18 Apr 2017 17:38

I take it it's a record on the 1939 civil reg littlelegs?

I got fed up of reporting a wrongly open record. My grandparents and one of their children. The child, my aunt who is still very much alive was open to view but one of her now long deceased parents was hidden.
Each time that I report it they change it but get it wrong every time.

Currently they have the daughter (my living aunt) hidden but have given her married surname to her mother. Oh, and they've moved the next door neighbour in.

I just wish they'd look at the image. :-(

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 18 Apr 2017 18:02

Well let's hope they get sorted at some point

Out of my mum's family she is the only one alive

Island

Island Report 18 Apr 2017 18:34

It's the same with my aunt littlelegs. :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Apr 2017 23:43

Well, despite being dead I can't find my dad (died 1994), or his sister (died not long after) :-(
Also, at this time my gran (a single mother) was on holiday, at 'His Majesty's Leisure), so where were her children?

Both (especially my aunt) had unusual names, but dad did mention his being given 'alternative' names by my gran. She sent him to private schools - until the final demand for the fees came through, then he was sent to another school under another name :-S
Not sure if this happened to my aunt, though.

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 19 Apr 2017 08:51

Well keeps us busy Maggie
They keep us going looking for them don't they

There are up there laughing at us if we get it wrong :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Apr 2017 16:29

Maggie,

If your dad didn't die until 1994 then his record will still be closed as they stopped updating the register after about 1990.

If you know where he lived at the time and have his death certificate then you can get them to open his record.

I did this with my mam who didn't die until 2003 so her record was closed. However because I knew her address at the time and could provide her death certificate I was able to get her record opened.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2017 21:15

It does take them time to do it though!

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Apr 2017 11:06

Maggie how "resourceful" of your Gran getting the free education.