General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wow that was quick and no reason given

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 14:21

They've pulled the Scottish thread

Kense

Kense Report 20 Apr 2017 14:26

Are you going to complain that no reason was given? Perhaps we all should send separate emails to support.

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 14:29

LOL now this is offensive too, what did I say on here something about no reason being given and how quick it was RR and removed

Kense I've just heard from Genes the usual non letter referring me to the guidelines and we can't say why we did it

This took what 8 mins to be RR :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 20 Apr 2017 15:06

This situation is getting downright silly now. :-| :-| :-| :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 15:09

:-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Apr 2017 15:15

Why was it offensive or was it offensive? Have you got a copy of the email from genes saying they were monitoring the situation?

David

David Report 20 Apr 2017 15:23

Perhaps it was provocative ?

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 15:23

Yes I do but I'm not allowed to post it on here as that made someone RR one time.

The one that was pulled today was and this may not be verbatim

If Scotland were to separate (Title)

would anyone notice
This is a joke not serious so don't RR

The other one that's now RR eg this one

Something about no reason being given but just pulled

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 15:24

David if having a sense of humour or a thought or not agreeing with some is provocative then count me in it's called a free country....... :-D :-D

Robert

Robert Report 20 Apr 2017 16:17

Is GR not part of the Sunday Post?

Maddie

Maddie Report 20 Apr 2017 16:39

keep going Caroline, they will have to give up in the end.
Boredom will get them. You have all our support :-) :-) :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 16:49

Thanks Maddie but I do annoy some and some of them to the point of RRing :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Apr 2017 17:07

Ah I saw the Scotland one. I suppose somebody could claim they found it offensive, even if they didn't. Donesn't the person realise that they are actually giving us entertainment rather than grief by RRing. Life is certainly not boring!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Apr 2017 17:24

It's a laugh isn't it, keeps the boards moving a little anyway.
Can't flood the boards as that upsets some too.....maybe later if I'm bored...I mean when I have time to add some thoughtful reflections

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Apr 2017 10:55

common sense again.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Apr 2017 11:41

May I suggest Caroline that yr general style is more suited to the DM. Adapt or move to the daily mail. If that is too hard leave out Issues north of Berwick. Maybe you could have a pop at SARK. Or Rockall.
:-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Apr 2017 11:45

Not sure why you'd always state the DM as evil sure I read it and the Independant and Times etc etc. I have as much right as any and more than some to make comment on anything anywhere within the entire world if it's current news or not.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Apr 2017 12:06

Whats the point if you just get referred?
Maybe you and Eldrick can have a competition.

You have the jump on me 'cos I don't read the English UK press except for the Ft. They are all mostly interested in pushing a party line, poorly researched and hours or even days and weeks behind the curve.

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Apr 2017 12:13

Rollo I assume you're an intelligent person so I don't need to explain what the point is.

I can not comment on Eldrick other than yesterday appearance, I have no recollection of him previously. I'm sure you can comment.

If not the vast UK press then what do you read other than the FT; you also feel able to dismiss without currently following which is strange. Of course they all hold a party line hence reading them all to somewhat balance them out.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Apr 2017 12:16

Did I hear that your favourite newspaper is going back home, Rollo? I always have thought of it as The Manchester Guardian because that is how I knew it all those years ago.

So now the provincial newspaper returns to its provincial roots. Did it ever really change, I wonder?