General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Bigger One

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Apr 2017 22:47

Having run my Smart for two for eight years now, I have had nothing to complain about and I think I know Smarts reasonably well and we are considering getting a four seater for OH because his Renault is getting well past it now.

Yesterday we looked at one we like and tomorrow OH and Fred's mate are going to see if Fred's mate fits in the back seat. If he does, OH will put down a deposit. If he doesn't, the Renault lives to fight another day and we have a bit of a re-think.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Apr 2017 22:54

This begs the question, is Fred's mate tall or broad - or both?

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Apr 2017 22:57

He is 6'5" and OH is 6'8" and, of course, I am of a similar width.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Apr 2017 23:02

Good grief - you need a car with an upward and lengthways extension!! :-D

How on earth does your OH fit in the Smart car?

Edit: or did you by the car so it was totally yours (ie OH couldn't fit in it!!) :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Apr 2017 23:10

You have been in my Smart. It is like a tardis, so much room.

I always tell people they are not small cars, they are large cars with no back.

The four seater has enough leg room I think but , back in the day, we three would be off on our travels together and now we can do it again so we need a car he will be comfortable in if we go a long distance.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Apr 2017 23:24

I've been in your car, yes, but I'm short!
Have to admit, though, it was more roomy than it looks.

It will be lovely for the three of you to go on your travels :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Apr 2017 23:26

M (three wheeler, Polish living in the electricity sub-station) has a gammy leg and he says he has more room in my car than he does in most.

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Apr 2017 00:29

My baby brother is 6ft 7 and always found his mini was great mind you the drivers seat was right in the back basically. :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 01:01

So it is with a two seater Smart. The car stops at the seats but they are just as far from the bulkhead as in any other car.

We are just not so sure how much leg room there will be in the four seater.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 26 Apr 2017 01:49

I have a small Hyundai Matiz that can comfortably sit 4 plus driver.

However if the back seat passengers need long leg room then the front seat passenger spends the journey with their knees under their chin. No problem for passenger/s behind me, as the driver, as my seat is as far forward as possible :-D

Chris ( Also known as 'Little short legs' :-D)

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 13:55

Off they go, OH and Fred's mate.

I expect they will be ages with one in the front wiggling the wheel about and going brrrr and the other in the back, pretending they are going a long way to see if it is comfortable.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Apr 2017 16:14

Why not get something similar from the same maker which will get you to the shops a but quicker eg C class Coupe? Fred and Co could have even more fun in the back.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 16:20

Because I have more sense.

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Apr 2017 16:31

:-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 16:56

We have a new car!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Apr 2017 17:17

Now the neighbours come from near and far
As we pull up in our brand new used car
Now mister the day my number comes in
I aint gonna ride in no used car again.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 17:25

What?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Apr 2017 18:27

To paraphrase - once the singer/composer has won some money on the horses/dogs, he'll buy a brand new car instead of a used one.

Enjoy your new car, even if it might be new-to-you. May you have many happy motoring miles together with Fred's Mate. :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2017 18:33

Some people are aware of depreciation.

I only bought mine new because I had a £2000 discount .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Apr 2017 18:34

Excellent!