General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible terror attack again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 15:53

Man stopped with knives near Westminster

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Apr 2017 15:57

Knife crime, as in carrying them, is rampant in most cities & beyond. One wonders how the authorities decide it was terrorist related rather than a chef/cook with the tools of his trade.

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 16:05

Let's be blunt the fact of how he looks isn't helping...have they jumped to conclusions or were they watching him already?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Apr 2017 16:13

As long as they have caught him.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 16:17

and that is why I will not return to the UK.

Of course people of certain looks are found here with knives , I often carry one
can you imagine the headline

Granny with purple hair apprehended ...Why does age or the co lour come into it ¿ He was a dodgy looking person so they watched him

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 16:26

Grannies with purple hair should always be closely followed....they're probably on their way to a party or some such :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 27 Apr 2017 16:31

I am so thankful I am not a granny then, just of age with bright purple hair

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Apr 2017 16:39

I'm a Granny but no way got purple hair :-0 :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 16:42

Mobile knife and scissor sharpener?

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 16:47

Sorry Island ?

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 27 Apr 2017 17:00

It was intelligence led, so they would have had him under surveillance. Presumably, anyway.

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 17:17

There you go then.

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 18:03

No need to be sorry Caroline but 'accepted'

Knife and scissor sharpeners (men who sharpened blades) would ply their trade in Covent Garden and the East End to sharpen scissors for costumiers and the rag trade.

As you so often post - it was tongue in cheek ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 18:16

Half asleep thought you meant this guy was carrying them and I'd missed that update!

Glad you "accepted" it though :-D

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2017 19:02

You mean those gadgets in the kitchen drawer? :-D :-D :-D

RStar

RStar Report 27 Apr 2017 19:49

any updates? I went a few weeks ago and placed flowers opposite Big Ben. How quickly people forget, it was a bit sad to see people (mainly foreigners) posing for photos in front of the flowers tributes, they just wanted a pic in front of Big Ben.

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Apr 2017 22:51

Some people even took selfies right after it happened last time....sick

Seems they were tipped off possibly by family

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Apr 2017 17:35

There have been numerous raids which seem to be connected to some degree to the man with the knives, including a lady shot and another dragged off a bus.
Good to see the various services have been able to track possible problems before they got out of hand....hopefully.

Maureen

Maureen Report 28 Apr 2017 18:55

Uzzi

Reminded me of poem by Jenny Joseph
When I grow old I will wear purple

makes me smile.