General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where were you, Mother?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 May 2017 04:03

Yesterday was the anniversary of my Mum's death, in1995. I heard about a medium called Sue Hinds doing a group reading at a local hotel so felt it might bring Mum to the fore again, having had a message from her several years ago at a similar meeting.

Sue reached several people with interesting facts and stories about their loved ones but sadly, nothing for me this time. It made such a nice change to just poodle off and do something for myself tho. I might make a habit of it lol

Lizx

kandj

kandj Report 17 May 2017 09:58

Have car, will travel........ maybe next time Liz? xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 May 2017 00:45

Definitely, lol
I am currently planning and booking our holiday for mid-June, Tideswell again, but it's like getting blood out of a stone, K. just doesn't have a clue how much things cost lol

Hope you are ok, my friend

Lizxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 May 2017 19:15

Dear Purple

Hello

Caring thoughts are sent to you with my very best wishes.

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 May 2017 03:12

Thank you, Elizabeth, the years go by, and I miss Mum in many different ways. She would be 101 now if she was still around but she's not far away, in the mirror every day lol

Lizxx

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 19 May 2017 12:42

What I want to know is...have you named your car yet :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2017 13:57

It's my mums 37th anniversary coming up on the 24th may

I was at out daughters in Wiltshire because she had just had our grandson and I went to stay for a week to help when she came home from hospital

It was whitsun weekend and mum was at our youngest brother house for the weekend when she had a sudden heart attack and passed away
My brother contacted the War Office in London and even though it was a holiday weekend they found where our sil was stationed in Wiltshire and he was summoned into the camp commanders office

We wondered why and when he came home we said what .??? He said sorry mum .!, I said is it my mum and he said yes ,sorry

Funny how intuition steps in

I do believe that they can get in touch because I have had several unexplained events happen over the years

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 May 2017 23:19

My mum's mother died at 95, and she has missed her terribly since, especially because she was on vacation when her mother died and she found it very hard to deal with that, after all those years together.

Then about three years later, my mum had a dream one night that her mother was coming toward her out of a bright shining light. She was carrying a baby, and holding it out to her.

A few days later, my sister announced that she was pregnant for the first time. (At 33, and with no warning!)

Now, if you ask me, that was just 'intuition'. ;-)

I remember when I was nearly 14 years old (and my siblings were nearly 11 and 8), looking at my mum as she stood by the kitchen table (looking not at all pregnant), and thinking: wouldn't it be weird if she was expecting. Well, she was. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 May 2017 23:25

Ann, no, it's just 'my car' as opposed to 'the car' or 'your car' lol

Shirley, the one 'unexplained thing' I would like from my Mum is her sorting out the lottery numbers she asked me to do for her- 6 weeks later she died! I have had a few small wins but nothing substantial or life changing lol

Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 May 2017 23:25

Ann, no, it's just 'my car' as opposed to 'the car' or 'your car' lol

Shirley, the one 'unexplained thing' I would like from my Mum is her sorting out the lottery numbers she asked me to do for her- 6 weeks later she died! I have had a few small wins but nothing substantial or life changing lol

Lizxx