General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Multiple births.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 May 2017 20:05

I know that if there are twins born and survived the time of births is recorded, but if one is born dead is it still recorded somehow, somewhere?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 May 2017 21:10

Yes in UK but only from 1927 and its recorded in the Stll Births Register,information is only avaliable to the living parent/s if or surviving other children --proof is needed.

It was by law at the time.and still applies today.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2017 17:34

Think your enquiry is do they still put the time of births on the certs

Would think it depends how the nursing staff record it in their notes and how they send the registrar the info

Legally as one twin had died then the time of birth of the surviving twin is irrelevant

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 May 2017 19:09

Thank you both very much, that is very helpful :-)