General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 May 2017 20:04

I have just heard on the Crime Investigating Channel that they are broadcasting a programme about women who kill every weeknight at seven o'clock.

Sounds like an interesting, if messy, hobby and why do they not commit any at the week-end or at any other time?

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 May 2017 20:07

Obvious really Sharron......ever weeknight by seven they've been on their feet for probably 12 hours or more running around multi-tasking like there's no tomorrow....they made a lovely meal for dinner which at least half the recipients turned their noses up for some perceived reason or other and then they were expected to deal with the dirty dishes.........weekends might be different to just enough degree that their sanity can prevail :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 May 2017 20:12

But it must be very tiring to have to get rid of a body every night, before they start to smell and to make room for a new one.

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 May 2017 20:45

Sharron I refer you to my multi-tasking comment :-D

I wonder if Mrs Beeton ever thought of 101 ways to dispose of a body or two as a possible chapter.......

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 May 2017 21:17

as in first catch the chicken?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 May 2017 11:28

I think that there might have been a diction typo there, Sharron...........

for example
eats shoots and leaves
eats,shoots and leaves....
eats shoots, and leaves

Bob

a program about women that kill, broadcast at 7 pm every weeknight!

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 May 2017 14:40

Yes Bob, I had the tee-shirt ' I'm a bandicoot, I eats, roots, shoots and leaves'.

How can you be sure though?

There could be some very industrious women about with a fun hobby they fit into their busy lives and good luck to them I say!

You just never know,

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 May 2017 16:09

there are many unknowns,
some we know, but there are other unknowns that we don't know............

full quote follows

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 May 2017 17:27

Hmm some might disagree with that...only in so much as some know everything but others know they know nothing. :-D