General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Manchester explosion at concert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 May 2017 23:59

Something at the end of a show probable deaths.

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 May 2017 00:09

Let's hope it's just a bad accident nothing else; obviously awful as lives are lost though.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 23 May 2017 00:30

been confirmed that there are fatalities, some sort of explosion. Best not to jump to conclusions but its not looking good :(

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 May 2017 01:24

Police confirming 19 killed, around 50 injured and it is being treated as terrorism until confirmed otherwise.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 May 2017 04:16

There are unconfirmed suggestions from US sources that it was a nail bomb, and some of the concert goers have said they saw nuts and bolts on the floor.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 May 2017 04:54

Terrible, terrible thing to happen, my heart goes out to all involved, probably many young people whose potential will never now be fulfilled, or whose lives will be turned around by life changing injuries. May those who died rest in peace.

We aren't safe anywhere, nobody knows what is ahead of us.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2017 09:59

It appears that many unaccompanied children have been taken to Holiday Inn, I think they said about 60, so if anyone knows anyone worried about a missing child. Taxi drivers were apparently taking them there for free.

So sad for these families of kids out to enjoy them selves. But, of course, this is what the perpetrators see as evil. :-(

Edit: Although there are several reports that it is untrue that the hotel has children there. So I don't know what to believe now. :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 May 2017 11:18

Unfortunately, as much as this has to stop it's unlikely to ever actually stop.
It's not just a religion, though there's a base there, it's a mindset which can attach itself to whatever cause it needs to "justify" its actions.

Joeva

Joeva Report 24 May 2017 20:40

Words fail me on of this point of view from 'Christian Voice......... makes me so angry I am speechless on reading it.

Joeva

Joeva Report 24 May 2017 21:01

Oh well, Dermot's post has been reported........ just to say it wasn't me....... I only commented on the content of his post. Perhaps someone else took offence. Maybe the reporter has more words than me to say why they took this action?

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 May 2017 22:58

What did Dermot write?

Joeva

Joeva Report 24 May 2017 23:27

Dermot also had reservations about the piece he had posted from ' Christian Voice ' ........ not anything he had written himself, just an article he had shared from their site.

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 May 2017 00:44

In other words no point in RRing it....gotcha...this thread of all ones.

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 May 2017 12:22

RolloTheRed - thanks for highlighting the source of a very unexpected slant of this horrendous happening.

The British are regularly praised for their eloquence of speech when analysing such jaw-dropping barbarity. This published article is the exception, sadly.

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 May 2017 14:10

Okay the RR one is removed really quickly and did Dermot add something and remove it today?
Whilst I may not think many of these new pop stars are dressed nicely or the content of their songs delightful it is certainly no justification to bomb innocent young people or their parents picking them up.
There are peaceful ways to show your disgust .

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 May 2017 16:34

What a hate full little rag that is!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 May 2017 23:00

The Tw*t's (bomber) sister has said it was possibly revenge for the killing of Syrian children - and possibly his friend who was kill in a racial scuffle.
Two of his brothers - and father - have been arrested.

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 May 2017 11:35

I'm sorry but that lame excuse doesn't wash.
Yes children have been killed in the past by Western countries but none of them were actually targeted.
This is just a feeble excuse on the behalf of societies losers.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 May 2017 11:13

As the UK acquits itself with honour, dignity & courage in the face of the overwhelming Manchester evil aggression, it is difficult to entertain the concept of defeat.