General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hasn't this last year flown?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Jun 2017 16:31

It's a family member's first wedding anniversary today and I really can't believe that this time last year I was at the reception.

Is it age? or just that so many world events, mostly tragic, have made it seem to go faster?

Mindyou it is nearly 41 years since another family member married and it seems 'recent' lol. After 50 time just seems to have speeded up :-(

Kense

Kense Report 18 Jun 2017 16:52

I think it is age in the sense that at 25 one year is 4% of your life. At 50 a year is 2% and at 75 it is 1.3%.

However this doesn't seem to account for all the apparent decrease in time, so maybe it is because, on getting older, we are doing less than we used to in the same time.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Jun 2017 16:56

Hmm not so sure about the not doing as much. I do much more now than I ever did when I was younger :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Jun 2017 16:57

:-0 I'd not looked at it as a percentage Kense lol.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 18 Jun 2017 17:53

It's just over a year since my cancer op.

Can I remind people to always attend for routine tests?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2017 18:58

I've found the last couple of years seem to have sped by! It really doesn't feel like the last few days of June.

Mind you, it is also a big anniversary for us in a couple of months ........... and I can't believe all those years have gone by!

Guinevere ...............

I second your reminder ..................

it's 22 years since my first one and almost 6 years since the second.

i wouldn't be here if I hadn't gone for my routine tests .................. and I still go to the doctor for whatever tests can be done now.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Jun 2017 19:28

Guinevere and Sylvia

I agree regarding routine tests.... So very important, so that action can be followed up if necessary.

Time is a strange thing, isn't it?
I can never quite understand people saying they do something .." because it helps to pass the time "

Time rushes up and passes me.

This time yesterday I was in Hampshire visiting an elderly relative.
It took over 3 hours to get there, about 2 hours for homeward trip.
Friday I was in Kent helping out with a primary school trip to the seaside.

Life is busy.

As a family we've had a year of very mixed emotions.
This time last year we looked forward to my nephew's wedding later this month
We all had a lovely time, as we did at another family wedding in August.
The immediate family photo at the June wedding is extra special now, as it's the last one of the 5 of us together.

Each day is precious. I try to make it count.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 18 Jun 2017 20:06

<3 <3 <3 Gwyn