General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

All the little toes.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jun 2017 13:31

I have a very strange pointy sort of little toe on each foot. They have funny nails that grow upward in a sort of spiral and pull off if you are not very careful.

Yesterday I went to a funeral. It was of somebody I was related to from five generations back and I had only met her once but one of our old ladies knew her well and we took her.

However, once back at the house for the sandwiches, I took the opportunity to have the shoes off everybody who purported to be family, as you do.

Oh, what an array of funny little pointy toes!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jun 2017 14:53

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Sometimes we must despair about what our ancestors 'left' to us!

My Cornish gran (Annie) had amazingly bright blue eyes, as did (as far as we know) her aunt, my dad and brother.
Gran died in the 1980's, when I had just started doing genealogy, but I knew (as she had told me) that, as her mum died soon after her birth,she was brought up by her aunt (with the eyes) Beatrice.
Now, Beatrice was married to a William Gay, and can only assume the children from this marriage also had the blue eyes.
Fortunately I told my brother this little bit of information before he went to her funeral.
He knew no-one.
This stranger (very distant rellie) came up to him and said:
'You have Gay eyes, I can see we're related'!! :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jun 2017 16:28

my hubby had some very odd toe line ups

when our daughter was born i gave her the once over and said she has her dads toes

its been a source of problems for her as she has my high instep but with her dads toes

we always had her feet measured at Barratts for shoes as she couldnt wear cheap shoes or sandals

even now she has problems even more so she has nerve damage from chemo

we went to Egypt on holiday last sept and she had enormous problems with chaffing and sore blisters from sandals .

she had to go barefoot when she could

David

David Report 27 Jun 2017 18:48

My Father had one green eye and one brown eye, and eyes like a hawk.

He once told me he was turned down by the RAF as he was colour blind.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Jun 2017 04:11

We have funny little toes in our family .......... brother and I, and all our children

it is said that the toes came down from my father's family