General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you ever feel you have walked in on a private c

Page 0 + 1 of 18

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2006 07:23

I do

Our Em

Our Em Report 13 Mar 2006 07:24

Frequently Dee, but me being me, i just barge in and post.... if i get no reply, then i go off and sulk lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2006 07:29

Hi Em, I sometimes wonder if I have missed the point altogether, there seems to be some kind of 'sub plot' I am not really aware of maybe ;-))

Our Em

Our Em Report 13 Mar 2006 07:31

Probably sometimes Dee.... i tend to avoid certain members threads because i know i will be ignored. It doesnt bother me though, there are plenty of other threads on the boards.... and i can always start my own :))

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2006 07:33

True Em, You would think at my age I would be older and wiser, wouldn't you ;-))

Our Em

Our Em Report 13 Mar 2006 07:34

It doesnt matter how old you are Dee, Bad manners still affect you no matter what age. and thats all it is, in the end, Bad manners!

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Mar 2006 07:35

I hope nobody has upset you Dee,

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2006 07:37

Claire, not upset as such, I am more annoyed with myself for taking notice of such things, some people seem so infantile ;-))

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 13 Mar 2006 07:38

did just that last night. the reply bfore mine wa that ''jess has just shouted at me'' ??totally baffled! and i put ''who me?'' apparently it was her daughter was the reply! talk about give me a complex! jess x

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Mar 2006 07:39

I know what you mean Dee, Its just a pc conversation with faceless people after all...but it still bothers you doesnt it, Some people on here can be really bad mannered, Sending you a hug,, And how can anyone ignore YOU Jess....?? lol... sending you a hug too

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2006 07:40

Jess Glad it's not just me ;-))

Jean

Jean Report 13 Mar 2006 07:42

morning all, I feel like that sometimes. jean

Our Em

Our Em Report 13 Mar 2006 07:42

Dee dont get upset... i did only the once.... I posted a reply on a thread... and was promptly told off for daring to post on the thread... and that the thread originator would have to start the thread again for her usual posters when they arrived... I asked her to explain... but she completely ignored me and would not reply to me this is true, and have witnesses... now that was blatent, and no misunderstanding ... since then i have avoided that person and her friends, then i cannot fall into the same trap again. It really does not matter whether people swear blind there are not groups and cliques on here... i have first hand knowledge that there are.... i just keep away and all is ok.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Mar 2006 07:43

Em,,,thats awful,,,,Hope you wernt upset, You are right,,there are little clicky groups on here,

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 13 Mar 2006 07:46

Hi Em, I remember that, I think. It's natural that we all have 'friends' on here, people with whom we have something in common, but it's very rude not to reply to someone who posts. And even ruder to tell them off for posting. Gwynne x

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 13 Mar 2006 07:47

Me Being unusually polite PLEASE MAY I JOIN YOUR THREAD Nah not me is it ,i just barge in and get ignored then say i must be wearing my invisable coat and still get ignored xxx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 13 Mar 2006 07:48

Did somebody speak? lol, Gwynne

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Mar 2006 07:48

lol,,iv seen you say that Gwen,,,I get ignored too,,,but hey,,,thats thier loss,

Our Em

Our Em Report 13 Mar 2006 07:50

who was that? lol oh Gwen :)) yes Gwynne.... i think you were there at the time and commented to me about it. x

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Mar 2006 07:50

See,,,,im getting ignored now,,,,Is it because iv not got me 'face'on yet?