General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GB RELAY.This is a read only thread. Do not post o

Page 0 + 1 of 17

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 19 Apr 2005 08:37

Gaynor Bear is now with Jess in Northampton. *********************************************** Photographs can be found on the following:- Please remove brackets. http://groups.msn(.)com/THEGAYNORBEARRELAY/messages(.)msnw *************************************************

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2005 14:15

Hi Jenny I think Group 15 are fairly sorted now and June has the details Lou

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 20 Apr 2005 10:13

Jenny, Am sorting Area 16 - Scotland - but as we are last on the list I'll keep going behind the scenes rather than clogging up the thread...will keep you posted.. Jill x

dahani

dahani Report 20 Apr 2005 15:43

I live in South Devon, outside of Plymouth and have put myself on the map. I will wait to here. Regards Jill

Iz

Iz Report 20 Apr 2005 18:50

Jenny, You didn't put me in anywhere - I offered Scotland or Warwickshire! Iz x

valinkent

valinkent Report 21 Apr 2005 16:04

Hi Jenny I have replied to you though MSN . Not sure how msn works, first reply to you i ended up sending to everyone i think including myself!!!!!!!! Can i just say have read the article that you have set out for the press and i am very impressed. Val

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 Apr 2005 18:16

Hi Jenny and everyone. Just to let you all know that Honey Pot (Ain't Honey Pot great) has arranged for GB to appear on YORKSHIRE TV on Calendar Just an idea wouldn't it be good to get all the Yorkshire team together in Leeds for the TV appearance. Sue

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 21 Apr 2005 18:26

Sue it is great news. Honey Pot put a thread up earlier to tell us. I have phoned loads of people to tell the news. Jenny

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Apr 2005 21:01

Area 7 Ready for GB Area 6 meets with Malc are 7 Malc meets with Lindy in Buntingford Lindy - meets with Viv in Letchworth Viv - meets with Helen and Margaret Hitchin Viv - Returns GB to Lindy in Letchworth Lindy gives GB to Bob to take to Paul or Carol in Milton Keynes Milton Keynes to Luton/Dunstable under discussion Paul or Carol meet again half way to swap back over with Brian - meets with Sand Dancer Sand Dancer - meets with Camberwell Beauty (Area 8)

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 21 Apr 2005 21:02

FIRST HAND OVER FOR THE GAYNOR BEAR RELAY. The very first hand over of the relay will be at 4pm on Sunday 24th April 2005. At The Angel of the North. I shall be handing over Gaynor Bear into the safe hands of Jean in Washington. She is bringing her Camcorder to video the event. The very first photographs will be posted on the msn photos page within a few hours. I just hope the weather is fine as it is quiet blustery up on the hill. Jenny x

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 21 Apr 2005 21:59

Area 16 - Scotland Just to let you have the current list of names for Scotland Jenny.... Jill Price - Fife and wherever needed Anna - Fife Sueh - Fife Christine - Edinburgh Marie (hen) - Coatbridge Rosalyn - Langside, Glasgow Anne (scotland) - Moodiesburn Judith - Falkirk Sheila K - Edinburgh and can cover Dundee Ben Nevis - Ayr Ali - Biggar (I think) Route to be decided once I get confirmation of another few names and also....where GB is being handed to the Scots...Obviously the route will differ depending on whether GB is handed over on the East or West Coast....but I'm currently working on the first draft route... The Press Release was fantastic...all credit to the writers! Jill x

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 21 Apr 2005 22:23

Hello Jill. I am sure it will be on the West coast. Coming up from Cumbria. Most probably myself. I can get to Carlisle easily enough. Then would have to get the train up to the next member. GB will hopefully be coming back down as near to the East coast as possible. Where she will be handed over to me or possibly Sheila in Northumberland. Who has mentioned that Gaynor Bear might arrive back in Tynemouth on a boat. Jenny.

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 22 Apr 2005 14:44

Jenny, I know you're busy with all the organising and we're the last group.... June was asking how GB is getting from her in Preston to us in Scotland and I said I think it will be you... Also, can i contact folk to ask if they want to take part or was it only if people volunteered for it? Jill x

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 22 Apr 2005 17:11

im in scotland and can be wherever im needed (within reason lol)! just let me know what im needed to do and who im needing to talk to........ali xxx

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 22 Apr 2005 18:35

Dawn, I'll add name to the Scottish list as a possibility......we dont know when GB is coming to Scotland yet but if the dates tie in then brill! Jill x

valinkent

valinkent Report 23 Apr 2005 15:06

What has happened to Group 9 the Kent link. We do not seem to be represented is Granpa Jim still arranging our area?? Val

valinkent

valinkent Report 23 Apr 2005 17:30

Val from Exeter Is your reply for Kent link???????? Val

chezzy

chezzy Report 24 Apr 2005 21:34

hiya guys..is it too late to join???? i live in Rochdale,know theres a few members near me not sure if they've joined up?!! thanks.xx

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 24 Apr 2005 21:56

Sorry Dawn, just seen the thread - oops! But I've now replied to your contact. Sorry ......

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 24 Apr 2005 23:40

Sorry all, just got back from delivering Gaynor Bear to Jean in Washington. We got lost picking up Pink and Grandpa Jim from Cramlington. Turned out that the two hotels they were staying at where out in the sticks. Only 40 minutes late. Poor Jean and hubby, waited so patiently for us to arrive. Great to meet Jean, a lovely bubbly lady. Oh did we have a laugh. got some video coverage and a few photos. The Angel of the North is very impressive. We have only ever seen it from the A1. Well worth going right up to it. Took a photo with Grandpa Jims camera, of him spread across the botton half of TAOTN. We then officially handed over Gaynor Bear. Who is now well covered, she has some nickers on, with two spare pairs. Me, hubby, Pink and Grandpa Jim then went back to Tynemouth for a couple of pints, which turned into five or six. Then decided to go for an Indian meal, which just about finished us all off. We were all absolutley shattered after a brill weekend. must go to bed now. Jenny xx