General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR MY MUM

Page 0 + 1 of 16

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 22 Apr 2004 22:06

Today, at about lunchtime, my mum was operated on, due to Peritinitis,but on being opened up,she was found to be sufferering from a diseased bowel.This has now been removed,and she has been fitted with a `bag`. She is naturally very upset,and in pain,plus I think,total shock,although still not fully awake yet. Please, would you,if you can find it in your hearts,say a prayer for `Ethel`, my mum. Barry xx

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 22 Apr 2004 22:10

(><) (praying face) for ethel xx /\

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2004 22:10

Barry, Of course I will say a prayer for both of you.

Rick

Rick Report 22 Apr 2004 22:15

Best wishes to your mum and to you too Barry, Rick.

Sue

Sue Report 22 Apr 2004 22:19

My thoughts and best wishes are with your Mum, Ethel, and you Baz. I hope she makes a good, swift recovery. Sue

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 22 Apr 2004 22:20

Thinking of you Baz, and your dear Mum. Love, Elisabeth

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 22 Apr 2004 22:21

Best Wishes to you both. I hope your mum is up and about soon. Sheila x

Gwen

Gwen Report 22 Apr 2004 22:21

Baz,thinking of you at this worrying time,and praying for your mum"Ethel" hoping for a speedy recovery. Best Wishes Gwen

Tracey

Tracey Report 22 Apr 2004 22:22

baz my thoughts and prayers go to you and you mam take care tracey and family

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2004 22:23

Baz, I am thinking of your Mum and all her family, you too of course. Lets hope for a quick recovery. Best wishes, Jo.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 22 Apr 2004 22:23

speedy recovery to your mum,hope she's up and about soon, take care, chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2004 22:25

Prayers going up from Somerset, Baz, along with lots of love and caring. Please can you tell your mum something that may reassure her - my dad had cancer and had a bag fitted four years ago, he was petrified, embarassed, etc, etc. But he's come to terms with it and you would never know he had it. It must have been a terrible shock for your mum, but hopefully there will be lots of support via the hospital, and all your friends here at GC are thinking of you all. Love and best wishes, Mandy

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 22 Apr 2004 22:26

Oh Baz Please give your mum a big gentle hug from all of us when she comes round properly. Tell her so many of us are wishing her well. Will keep you and your mum in mind. Love Norah x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Apr 2004 22:28

Barry, Thinking and praying for your Mum. If it is any consolation my Mum had a colostomy bag fitted when she was 81, hated having the op and the bag but soon adjusted to it really well and even went on holiday to a hotel. she used to say it was a BIG nusance, but she didn't let it rule her life and continued to tend and dig her garden until she died aged 85 (from an unrelated problem). I hope your Mum will manae to cope with the bag and come to terms with it when she is feeling stronger. Best wishes Ann Glos

Janet

Janet Report 22 Apr 2004 22:29

Baz, Of course I will say a prayer for your mum. I know just how she is feeling having had the same thing more or less happen to me. She will be fine beleive me, I'm still going. Janet x

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 22 Apr 2004 22:35

Barry, My thoughts are with you and your Mum. May she make a speedy and full recovery. Jean x.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 22 Apr 2004 22:38

Baz,I am thinking of you both, and send your mum especially, a silent healing prayer. another G.C.friend, trish Devon xxxx.

Sharon

Sharon Report 22 Apr 2004 22:40

Our Love and best wishes to your mum and to you . wishing her a speedy recovery sharon

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 22 Apr 2004 22:45

My thoughts are with you and your mum and hope she makes a speedy recovery. Rosie

Sue

Sue Report 22 Apr 2004 22:46

Barry What a shock for you all. My husband had a temporary bag for 6 months in 2000. A friend of ours had a permanent one a year later. A lady I know has had one for 20 years, continued as a headmistress until normal retirement age and is a 'leader' of a walking/rambling group. As you'll see from the messages you've already received, there are a lot of colostomy and ileostomy bags about. I expect it will be a day or two before the reality sinks in for your mother, after the anaesthetic wears off. I know it was four or five days before hubby was really aware of the situation. I'm sure your mother will cope, with a little reassurance, encouragement and TLC. Thinking of you and your mum. Sue