General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANN & GEORGE STRIBBLING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patrick

Patrick Report 22 Apr 2004 07:56

Ann & George Received your email.We will not be in until 22.00 UK time as we have been visiting our daughter & grandaughter of 18 months. After all these problems I hope there is a connection but I feel the jury is still out. I live about 50 miles from London which is where the Family Records Centre is situated so next time round I willsee if I can locate the death certificate of William Stripling.We know he was around in 1851-aged 50(but that age may be rounded up or down?)Certainly we are looking at 1790/1800 for his birth in Lavenham. When did your family enter the USA? I guess you have checked the Ellis Island site for entries. If your email is a problem I can mail you items,but it might be a good idea to have a second email-either in your name,or ask a neighbour,relative etc.... You can see a picture of our cat on our daughter Fiona's website www.harpist.co.uk !!!! It's ironic but when I was much younger I only ever saw grandmother Fanny Inwood nee Stribbling(died 1946) a few times that I remember. Her surviving sister Phoebe Bylett nee Stribbling used to visit the other sisterAlice Maria Stribbling & I can remember all of them playing card-probably 1945.As Alice died died a spinster in c.1954 there wasn't much for a small boy to occupy himself !!!! -IT WAS BORING....etc !!!! Kindest regards Patrick and Christine(HOSFORD) 69 Leylands Road BURGESS HILL West Sussex RH15 8AF UK ++44(0)1444243201