General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Women

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 28 Jan 2004 17:22

Wanted to share this email I recieved from an old friend with all my friends on this site, some of you I have sent it to and some of you I haven't, hope you like it please see below.

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 28 Jan 2004 17:23

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one? And the Lord answered, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart and have two pairs of hands." The angel was astounded t the requirements. "Two pairs of hands! No way! And that's just on the standard model? That's too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish." "But I can't," the Lord protested. "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick. AND can work 18 hour days." The angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made her so soft, Lord." "She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish." "Will she be able to think?", asked the angel. The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate." The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one." "That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a tear!" "What's the tear for?" the angel asked. The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride." The angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing." And she is! Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can help to heal a broken heart. Women come in all sizes, in all colours and shapes. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning! They bring joy and hope. They have compassion and ideals. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give. Pass this along to your women friends to remind them how amazing they are; because if there's one flaw in women, it is that they tend forget about themselves

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 28 Jan 2004 17:30

Alaina That is so true!!! Gem

Andy

Andy Report 28 Jan 2004 18:42

May I offer this one in return :-) A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want." The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honour and glorify me." The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says 'nothing's wrong,' and how I can make a woman truly happy." The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

Andrew

Andrew Report 28 Jan 2004 19:01

Andy - Many a true word.......

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2004 19:01

Hope you enjoy this one too. Life explained On the first day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of sixty years." The cow said, "That's a pretty tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty years and I'll give back the other forty." And God agreed. On the second day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give back the other ten." So God agreed. On the third day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh . I'll give you a twenty year life span." Monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. The dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" and God agreed again (sigh). On the fourth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy. I'll give you twenty years." Man said, "What? Only twenty years? No way man. Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty the cow gave back, and the ten the dog gave back and the ten the monkey gave back. That makes eighty, "Okay," said God. "You've got a deal." And that is why for the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and do nothing. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family; for the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain our grandchildren and for the last ten years we sit in front of the house and bark at everybody. Life has now been explained.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 28 Jan 2004 21:40

alaina thats beautiful:)) susie xxx

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 28 Jan 2004 22:24

Yes Alaina, that describes us pretty well doesn't it. And God created Eve..... 10 God worried that Adam would be lost in the Garden of Eden because he wouldn't ask for directions. 9 God knew that some day Adam would need someone to hand him the TV remote. (Parenthetically, it has been noted that men don't want to see whats ON TV, they want to see WHAT ELSE is on. 8 God knew that Adam would never make a doctor's appointment. 7 God knew that when Adam's fig leaf wore out, he would never buy a new one for himself. 6 God knew that Adam would not remember to take out the rubbish. 5 God wanted man to be fruitful and multiply but he knew Adam would never be able to handle labour pains and childbirth. 4 As "keeper of the garden" Adam would need help in finding his tools. 3 Adam needed someone to blame for the Apple incident, and for anything else that was really his fault. 2 As the bible says "It is not good for man to be alone" And the No.1 reason of all; God stepped back, looked at Adam and declared "I can do better than that" Norah in Hampshire - lol

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 29 Jan 2004 10:37

Wendy so so so true!! Thanks for the others you added guys, if you've got anymore keep adding them! Alaina xx

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 11:30

I AM gonna find a good one for blokes ..if it's the last thing I do...now where's my web search..."I'll be back!" ps: Wendy - admit that you are not REALLY sorry! ;o)

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 29 Jan 2004 12:10

Keep em coming Wendy!!! We need to wind these men up a bit more hehehe. Did you manage to copy the original message or would you like me to forward it to you? Alaina xx

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 12:37

Offended huh! - now this is a L.O.V.E poem ok and it is has been writ by a bloke OK..how romantic is this.... Evening Song Look off, dear Love, across the sallow sands, And mark yon meeting of the sun and sea; How long they kiss in sight of all the lands, Ah! longer, longer we. Now, in the sea's red vintage melts the sun As Egypt's pearl dissolved in rosy wine And Cleopatra night drinks all. 'Tis done, Love, lay thine hand in mine. Come forth, sweet stars, and comfort heaven's heart, Glimmer, ye waves, 'round else unlighted sands; Oh night! divorce our sun and sky apart Never our lips, our hands. HAHA ....see "Oh night! divorce our sun and sky apart Never our lips, our hands" .....you dunnee get better than that!! come on admit you are "SWOONING" to that.... :o)

Emma

Emma Report 29 Jan 2004 12:44

I think this is much nearer the truth!... One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God. "Lord, I have a problem!" "What's the problem, Eve?" "Lord, I know you created me and all of this beautiful garden and all of these amazing animals and that hilarious comedic snake, but I'm just not happy." "Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above. "Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples." "Well Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you." "What's a man, Lord?" "Man will be a flawed creature, with many wreteched traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But... he'll be bigger, stronger, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly when he's aroused, but since you've been complaining, I'll make him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your advice to think properly." "Sounds wonderful!" says Eve, " but what's the catch, Lord?" Well... you can have him on one condition." "What's that, Lord?" "As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring... So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. Just remember, it's our little secret... You know, woman to woman." Emma.

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 12:51

Tushei!!!

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 12:59

Wendy - now that is a very big LOL!!! brilliant......

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 29 Jan 2004 13:28

hehehe Wendy that last one was good! it's so true tho isn't it

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 29 Jan 2004 13:46

wendy you have got me in stiches with these have you ever come and had a chat on the members board you should come over and join us we have a right laugh on there and a dig at men most of the time!

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 13:57

Alaina, Am I invited to at least ...hold the male end up! - I did notice your "so true" to Wendy's poem :o)... Now as Wendy knows...I am an excellent cook of Spag Bog - with the odd garlic bread...and for the most, I am clean shaven...oooohhhh you don't think.......... ;o)

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 29 Jan 2004 14:06

Oh, you lovely people. My best friend died 2 years ago today and I have been feeling very low. I lit a candle for her this morning but even that did not lift my spirits. I have just read this thread and laughed until I cried, just like Sue would have done if she had been here. Thank you all so much. Jean.

Andrew

Andrew Report 29 Jan 2004 14:14

Bless you Jean...what a lovely message...I am pleased you have enjoyed the fun we have been having ....nothing like the "battles of the sexes" to have a laugh with...and we all need that sometimes! I am only jealous because of Alaina's original message...which is really beautiful...ppppssssttt don't let anyone know I told you that though......