General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poem -Away from Home

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivian

Vivian Report 26 Jan 2004 20:35

How did I ever leave England the land that was there from my start, From the rain scented days of my childhood, to the summers that captured my heart? I was young and unknowing When I saw her recede from the air My life stretched before me unending, and my England would always be there. I couldnt have dreamed how I'd miss her, how I'd yearn for her temperate clime, for the family and friends that I left there for a sinpler and more tranquil time. How the call of the Islands is magic, it haunts every daytime and night, from the mountains and mist laden valleys to the villages tucked out of sight. So give me, oh give me my England, when my feet are to tired to go on, and I'll wear her daisies in my bonny hair, long after the greyness has gone! Give me,oh give me my England, I will sing her forever in song! for its there I was born. and its there I'll return to the land where I truly belong!