General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lesley Marriott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 7 May 2003 19:58

To all members talking about people who do not respond to e-mails: I receive many messages every day from this site and reply to every single one. I find it takes very little effort to click that reply button and say "Sorry, no connection" but I can see that some people don't want to do this ... that's up to them, as frustrating as it is for those of us trying to make contact with others, we have to respect their choice ... Having said that, I recently looked at my "Your Contacts" page and found at least one person who had tried to contact me but I had never received the e-mail ... fortunately, having found their message on this page I was able to respond, otherwise they'd have been left wondering ... So, the question is, do we assume that if people don't reply that they've received the message and are not interested or do we wonder if they haven't actually received the message we sent ... I wonder if it's possible for the web designers to add a "Do not allow other Members to e-mail me directly" button for members who do not wish to take part in this way, as many similar sites do? Then we'd all know if we e-mail someone they want to receive that and there'd be no questions in our minds other than the important ones like is this person related. PS I've posted this on the tips board too as there seems to be a lot of discussion about e-mails on there too!