General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amanda Carr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 1 May 2003 20:50

Apologise if any of this has been said before, I only have a few hours a day and can't always go back through all previous pages since I last looked (I agree, it would be easier if pages were numbered, that way I could make a note of where I was before! Also maybe it would reduce irate repliers frustration) I also apologise if I'm on the wrong part of the site.... it seems that as time goes on there are more things to apologise for... I wondered if it was possible to somehow have names summary with direct links to the new? I've set it at 3 days, but even though I know there are new within this period, can't necessarily find them all. If they were all on one page, I wouldn't have to go through the routine of all the endless search for all my names, various message boards etc. I know nothing about programming, but it would really help me. I could do a quick update and search for all things relevant to what I currently know, since I last logged on. thinking about it, something on the trying to fing board, also tips, guest boards where you could enter search all messages (on all boards), including those in names summary, over an (enter period of time..) would help.. eg I could enter in last 24 hours etc. Thanks Amanda