General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frank Hilditch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Avery

Avery Report 27 Apr 2003 07:23

To all who are posting about "inappropriate" messages on these message boards - the message is NOT the problem. The problem is the DESIGN of these boards. All of the boards are simply gigantic lists of messages that people have submitted. Instead they should be discussion boards with messages threaded together. For example, I post a question "How do I get a copy of a birth certificate". Every reply to this message will be grouped with the original. If I, or anyone else, wants to look at the whole thread, we don't have to trawl through 100s of pages of messages looking for the relevant message. The people who are running this site should create discussion boards - a very simple task. We should be asking for discussion boards like those instead of the things we have to use. If anyone wants to see what one looks like - and this includes the people running GenesReconnected, try http://www.servicepals.com/forums/