General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stuart Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2003 11:53

Laura - I don't work here so I can't say for certain but I think your under a common misconception about this site. AFAIK this is NOT a site for displaying your research to others but in fact to find others researching the same families as you. Now if you can't even give an approximate date then no-one is likely to make any connection to the individual in question and so there is little point in listing them. Now if you HAVE to include an individual to go back or forward a generation then again it really doesn't matter if the date is completely wrong, as there is no more chance of anyone making a connection with a wrong date than there is with no date.