General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support thread for safe return of Madeleine McCann

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 20 May 2013 21:54

What a lovely thread, Joy. Thankyou for bringing it forward at this time :-) :-) :-)

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 20 May 2013 21:33

It is quite staggering, looking at the following sites, and taking in the magnitude of
this issue:

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/
In the UK, a child is reported missing every 3 minutes

http://www.missingchildreneurope.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=53

http://www.childfindofamerica.org/missing.htm

Thinking of all those that have been separated from their loved ones.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 8 May 2011 16:06

Thank you.

Time is a strange thing; anniversaries come and go, sometimes seemingly a long time ago, and other times the event seems so recent that the pain is sharp as if from a knife.

Thinking of the Little girl, her family and friends, and all missing people away from their loved ones.

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 3 May 2011 15:26

Joy I hadn't realised it was 4 years ago.

Thinking of all affected by Madeline and I guess that is all of us

Linda X

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 3 May 2011 15:01

Joy, how kind to add to this thread.

If only the family could have closure, either because she is found safe and well cared for or the worst possible out come.
Knowing is the only healer, my prayers tonight will include Madeleine and her family.

16.03 Spain

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 May 2011 13:12

Another year begins.

Praying for the little girl's safety.

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 24 Dec 2010 23:53

I special place for Maddy and her family in my Christmas Prayers and positive thoughts.
May God protect you maddy, wherever you are.

special thought for her parents and siblings,

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 24 Dec 2010 22:46

And a new young lady missing today from Bristol Joy

I hope she and other missing ones are returned safely to their desperate familiessoon, especially as it is Christmas Time

Linda :o) XxxX

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 24 Dec 2010 21:55

Another Christmas time without loved ones that are away from their family.

Hoping that missed ones will be restored safely.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 May 2010 21:56

Next week will see her seventh birthday, on 12th May.

God bless you, Madeleine.

Kuros

Kuros Report 3 May 2010 14:06

I can't believe it's three years - but I'm sure her parents can.

Annie

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 3 May 2010 13:20

Thinking of you today, Maddy. Three years is such a long time to be away from your family.

Love

Daff xxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 May 2010 10:15

None of us can comprehend what the family have gone through or are still going through
lets pray & live in hope Madaleine will be found safe & well
I am sure people will still look the world over & report any sightings , we have to.for her sake & family`s
Barbra x

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 May 2010 09:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8657655.stm
The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann have thanked "everyone who stayed with us", on the third anniversary of her disappearance.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 May 2010 04:04

It's odd, I read something the other day that said it was nearly two years since Maddy was stolen from her family and I was sure it was longer, now I can see it is almost three years.
I watched a piece on tv the other day and the twins are now so grown up, and at school but they still ask about Madeleine often, apparently and now their parents are having to tell them more of the truth before they hear things from outside. It must be heartbreaking for them to have to explain what happened, however briefly, and for the little ones to understand.

Surely at some point she will be old enough to stand up and tell someone who she is, she must still remember what happened, wouldn't you think?

It would be wonderful if she is found soon.

Lizx

maxiMary

maxiMary Report 3 May 2010 02:24

Always hoping for a miracle for her family. This precious little girl deserves to be reunited with her family. Not forgotten.
Mary

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 3 May 2010 01:06

Good heavens

Has three years passed already? It only feels like yesterday.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 2 May 2010 22:03

Missing since 3rd May 2007, Madeleine McCann is now 6-years-old.
Still new witnesses, as reported in the press, are coming forward.

Hoping and praying that she will be reunited safely with her loved ones; and thinking of all those who are apart from those they love.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 16 Apr 2010 22:46

Gosh, I haven't added to this for ages, but she is always in my thoughts.... as are all those other children, on the streets because their homelife is so horrendous, who have been abandoned, neglected or abused.

May they soon find their safe haven, or safe adult, who will help them live their lives as a child should.

Love

Daff xxx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 16 Apr 2010 22:37

Nearly three years now since the disappearance of Madeleiine McCann.

Thinking of her, and her loved ones, and all those separated from those they love.