General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support thread for safe return of Madeleine McCann

Page 8 + 1 of 13

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jan 2008 21:44

thanks Joy for bringing this to the fore again

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 8 Jan 2008 22:03

You're welcome, Ann.

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jan 2008 07:57

I ALWAYS HOPE THAT EACH NEW DAY WILL BRING NEWS OF A SAFE RETURN. MY HEART GOES OUT TO MADELEINES FAMILY.

JULIEXX

JustJean

JustJean Report 9 Jan 2008 08:01

Pray that this nightmare will soon be over for all the lost children. praying also for their families.

Jean x

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 9 Jan 2008 08:19

keeping everything crossed for the safe return of Madeleiine McCann and all other children,and adults,who are apart from there family's

Never Give Up Hope

Fay x

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 16 Jan 2008 11:47

Another little girl missing just 120 miles from where Maddie went missing.

I've just read this on Sky news... how dreadful for the family, I pray that little Mari is found safe and well.... and quickly

Love

Daff xxxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Jan 2008 11:57

just read it in the morning paper - she does appear to look a lot like little Maddie - another family going through torment, so so sad

Ann XX

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 Feb 2008 22:22

Time goes by; but, for some families who have missing relatives, time stood still.

Thinking of all who miss a loved one.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Feb 2008 22:27

true - we all get on with our lives and they are still in turmoil - do so wish there could be conclusion to it all, one way or another

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 11 Feb 2008 06:58

Where is she now?

And like Joy said all the other "missing" ones?

Linda

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 16 Feb 2008 23:30

I have spent a dreadful day today, worried out of my mind because my 7 month old kitten went missing. Happily he is home now, safe and sound... I have been through just a fraction of the torment the familes of all who are missing go through, and that was bad enough.

My prayers and thoughts go out tonight to all those who wait to hear news of their loved ones who are missing... and that all those in danger find their safe haven soon.

Love

Daff xxxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Feb 2008 23:39

so true Daff - as you say, worried witless over a kitten, but a child! - too hard to contemplate

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Feb 2008 00:03

That must have been terrible, Daff.
I am so glad that he is home again.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 Feb 2008 10:47

Thinking right now of nine-year-old Shannon Matthews.
Hoping and praying for her safe return to her family and friends.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Feb 2008 15:01

Thoughts for all missing people, away from their loved ones for whatever reason. Hope they all are safe.
Lizx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 23 Feb 2008 15:10

Thoughts and prayers for Maddie, Shannon, and the liitle girl missing a couple of weeks ago... and all those other children, at risk, lost and vulnerable, for the families who love and miss them.... and also for all those who provide love and shelter to children who have suffered at the hands of those who should protect them.

Daff xxxx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 14 Mar 2008 17:56

A great relief that Shannon has been found alive.

The families of missing people are calling on the government to fund a group to provide emotional and practical support. Here are the stories of some of their missing loved-ones.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7290572.stm
If you have any information on these missing people or any other case, call the Missing People helpline on 0500 700 700

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Mar 2008 17:58

let's hope there is a similar outcome for little Maddie one day but I fear as time goes on it seems to be looking less and less likely - do pray I am wrong

Rose

Rose Report 14 Mar 2008 18:02

prayers for all who are missing
........rosexx......

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 15 Mar 2008 17:27

So glad to have read the news that Shannon was found.
Have been away and didn't know until I saw the BBC news page.

Still pray for Maddy to be found safe but the longer it goes on the less likely it seems.

Linda