General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birthday Girls card making group new year, closed

Page 0 + 1 of 18

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2008 15:55

NEW THREAD OPENED 1.4.08

With Liz's agreement I am starting off a new thread on here for the New year. Please don't add to the old thread.

This thread is for our card making group to chat and exchange news and ideas. If you are not a 'member' please feel free to join in our chat anyway, and if you would like to become a member please put a message on the thread and somebody will contact you. The group involves making a commitment to send a handmade card to each other member on their respective birthdays, and to a smaller number at Christmas. There are around 30 of us at present which means an average of 2-3 cards per month. Above all, the aim of the group is to have fun, share ideas, and enjoy your crafting with like-minded folk!'

Our co-ordinator for new members and address changes etc is Jo Jo, and the co-ordinator for ATCs is Heather.

Our originator is Liz.

Ann
Glos

Dizzy Lizzy 205090

Dizzy Lizzy 205090 Report 1 Jan 2008 16:07

Thank you Ann for starting this new thread, and thank you Jo and Heather for volunteering your services as group coordinator and ATC swap organiser. I will still be around as much as I can, and look forward to "chatting" with group members old and new, and any interested crafters in 2008.

Liz xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2008 16:11

Hi Liz,
pleased that you are not going to leave us and many thanks for all the work you put in to get our lovely group off the ground.

Ann
Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2008 23:07

n

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Jan 2008 23:15

Sorry folks could not find this thread when I looked, it had slipped further back than I looked. I have copied the posts Heather and I put on the other thread.

I'll be sending an email to all our members re: ATC's in a few weeks.

Happy crafting everyone

Heather x

Today at 21:43
Thank goodness you found the thread Heather, just bookmarking it myself, would not do if I could not find it.
Hope you all had lovely New Year celebrations, must admit all the fireworks drove me round the bend. Then today was sitting thinking about the million pound lot of fireworks in London and wondering who paid for them. Seems I am getting grouchy in my old age.
I hope it is OK with you all for me to take over the running of the group, any problems or suggestions please email me.
Joxx

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 1 Jan 2008 23:19

Hear Hear Ann, I too thank Liz for all her work starting off the group and now it is in the capable hands of our lovely Jo Jo and Heather who are welcomed by myself. Well done both of you for taking over the helm from Liz and I know that both of you will do it so well. Lots of love Maisie xx

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 2 Jan 2008 07:03

Just found you all, bookmarking so I don't lose you ;)

Lizzy, thank you for all your hard work in getting us all together and keeping us organised xx
I may need some direction re: ATC's, will be in touch.

Heather x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2008 09:29

Hi All
Sorry for the confusion JoJo, I said to Liz I would put up the thread for the New Year and assumed that if you put 'birthday girls' into search it would come up as usual with the other thread but I didn't test it.

and of course, perfectly happy for you and Heather to take on as co-ordinators for Liz.

Went to the sales in Gloucester yesterday, lovely and quiet as only a few shops open but got a few bargains in debenhams. Bought a lovely grey winter coat (I only had the hooded zip up variety not very smart if I want to go out somewhere nice), it should have been £160 (Eastex0 reduced to £79.99 and then 10% off day so £71. Also got a couple of pairs of earrings, a pendant and a Maine long sleeve top, Tony got golf shoes in the sports shop down to £15 from something like £60 so we felt pleased with ourselves.

Better start back on making some cards today I think, stocks are low.
Take care
Ann
Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2008 11:47

I want to keep this near the top so that Sylvia can find it and Jill, well and anyone who has not yet seen the new thread. has anyone seen Sylvia, i don't think she has been on the last couple of days, hope she is OK.
Just been out, it is really cold out there!
Ann
Glos

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 2 Jan 2008 16:05

Just adding to let you know I have found the thread.
Back to my bed now as have started the New year with cough and a heavy cold, will have to put off playing with my new stuff until feeling better.
Hope you all had a great New Year and will catch up with you all soon

xx Jill

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 2 Jan 2008 16:08

Thanks , Liz --for your job well done. Just taking down my cards and saving all the Birthday Girls cards --thanks to those who sent me one--all lovely
Ros xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2008 16:45

Just Sylvia we are missing now I think. Jill I hope you feel better soon. what a way to start the New Year.

Rosalyn, If you keep the handmade cards how do you store them. I don't throw them out but find they take up a lot of room over the year. Any ideas?

Ann
Glos

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 2 Jan 2008 20:52

Evening girls,

Jill get plenty of rest & take care, horrible bugs that are going round.

Ann, I usually wrap my handmade cards in tissue and put them in a gift bag, store in a cupboard.I am going to scrapbook all of them eventually.

Hope everyone is ok

Heather x

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 3 Jan 2008 00:28

Evening all, like Heather I store mine wrapped in a gift bag in with my craft 'stuff'. I do look at them when I need inspiration. I also keep bought ones where I can use the concept to make my own. Must get a folder for my ATC's to keep them safe.
Jo

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2008 17:51

I think I may put mine in a file box. I think we probably get too many to scrap Heather, we would need several scrap books!! I do like to be able to look at them for inspiration.

ann
Glos

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 4 Jan 2008 07:25

Morning girls,

I know what you mean Ann, I think thats why I've put mine away, still it's nice to take them out and look at them all.

Hope everyone is ok. Jill are you getting better ? (((HUGS)))

Heather x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2008 08:38

Good morning ladies, from a dull grey miserable looking Gloucester. I have decided to take the decorations down today so that will be the morning gone. Why is it a quick job to decorate the tree and then it takes so long to take it all off again? Then it will all look dull. And then our job for next week is to decorate the kitchen ugh! the whole house will be upside down Still it will be nice and fresh when it is finished.

We still have not seen Sylvia lately, was she going away?

Ann
Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2008 08:41

I had a thought and found this on the old thread.
Sylvia
1st January 2008 20:28

Oh well Xmas and New Year are now over and I can concentrate on my birthday - ooh!
Not everybody can come on my actual birthday so have asked if they can come on the Sunday. Of course I said yes, but really don't like it hanging on so long. Just me, longing for a bit of peace and quiet I suppose!
My sister in law phoned me today and asked where her Xmas card was. So another Xmas card gone astray! I am fuming. I spend all my time making cards and putting stamps on the envelope and they go astray.
I want to know whether all the birthday girls received a Xmas card from me or not. Please let me know.
I thought friends of ours had died last year when I didn't receive a card from them and then out of the blue received a holiday card. So another card must have gone astray.
A Happy New Year everybody and good luck to our two new "bosses".
Sylvia xxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 4 Jan 2008 15:02

Afternoon everyone, well the weather has certainly changed today, it is now raining but still cold and windy. We also have fog!! What a combination.

Took my decorations down last night, as you say it does make everywhere seem so dull and the weather doesn't help.
Have all the grandchildren here at the moment but as they were all quiet painting and the babies are asleep thought I would sit down with a cuppa and relax on here for five minutes.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2008 21:39

Well the decs are down. why is it when you put them up it isn't tiring but when you take them down it is exhausting. and why does it take longer to take them down than put them up? Anyway, all back up in the loft now, lounge cleaned and dusted but looking a bit drab. soon get used to it though.

Ann
glos