General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gwent F H Fair Meet 14th June Updates on 1st post

Page 0 + 1 of 15

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 11 Jan 2008 10:18

June 14th, in Cwmbran, S Wales..... would there be anyone interested in having a meet on that day?

If so, I am happy to arrange it.

Love

Daff xxx

NOT JUNE 16th... Jax is right... is June 14th... the other is another date that I needed to put in my diary, lol... good start, innit!!

UPDATE!!
I am now going to start compiling a list of definites/possibles/probables, lol,

definite

Daff
Harp Strings
Maddiecow
Claire in Wales
Jax
Kath
Ann of Green Gables (and Teddy is safe, lol)

Probable

Howie (but not until after 2pm)

possible

Julie Ann
Star
Karen in the Desert
Taff

Now we are closer to the time, everyone will have a better idea of whether or not they can make it!!

The fair starts at 10am, and ends at 4pm

There is a restaurant/cafeteria available at County Hall for snacks and drinks… hours are 12 til 2pm

There is loads of parking space available at the Hall, so no problems there.

Anyone arriving by train. Cwmbran station is about a mile away. I am more than happy to collect/deliver back later, lol

Very near to the station is the shopping centre, which has free parking, for those who would like to have a shopping spree as well!!

I thought it might be nice if we went on from the Fair, to somewhere for a meal/drink/chat? Depending of course on whether you have timetables to keep, buses/trains to catch etc

There are loads of places….. either one of the many cafes/restaurants in the shopping centre, or one of the *all day food* pubs in the area… there are a few good ones, although I’ll have a better idea once I know how many wish to go… one or two of the venues are very small, lol!!

Are you planning to stay overnight? There are a few b&b’s, guest houses, travel and premier lodges in the area.. the closer you get to Newport and Cardiff, the more there are available. I’ll put web links in later, if people need them.

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 11 Jan 2008 10:22

I will have to check Daff as i cant remember if i have a wedding around that date in Dorset or if its July.

But if i am available that will be cool.

Update just googled the fair and it said that its on the 14th admission £2.50 so not sure if i got the right one lol

Jax xx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 11 Jan 2008 11:29

On June the 14th, not 16th... it won't let me change it :~((

Love

Daff xxx

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 11 Jan 2008 11:32

Now that would be great so long as it is not the same date as the Cork meet.

I have someone in Cwmbran I need to see and could link the two but as you know can't plan too far ahead.

Linda x

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 11 Jan 2008 11:37

Hiya Linda, that'll be great.

If you want to find out more, you might like to pop into this link...

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wlsgfhs/OpenDay.htm

Some people have pm'd me and said they would be interested, too.

Love

Daff xxx

Howie

Howie Report 11 Jan 2008 12:02

Hi daff i will be interested but you will have to remind me nearer the time Usually it is a very good history fair hope to see a few people there and put names to faces xxxHowie

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 11 Jan 2008 12:17

Howie, that would be lovely... I'll remind you closer to the time.. I am going anyway. There is also one later in the summer in Swansea, so I shall probably go to that as well...

Love

Daff xxx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 12 Jan 2008 10:41

Nudge up... plenty of time, I know... but there are other meets being organised as well, lol!

Love

Daff xxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jan 2008 10:44

n

Sarabby

Sarabby Report 12 Jan 2008 16:56

Hope to get there this year if not working

Kath

Taff

Taff Report 12 Jan 2008 17:23

any Idea when is the one in Swansea Daff?
xxxxx

skwirrel 1

skwirrel 1 Report 12 Jan 2008 17:40

14th June
Queen's official birthday - will it make a difference to travelling?

skwirrel

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 12 Jan 2008 17:44

would they have records for all of Wales Daff?.....if I can't make it, would love a look-up perleese

Susan withwelshanscesters-sortof
x

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 12 Jan 2008 17:56

Kath, it would be lovely to meet you, I hope you can make one of them

Taff, the Swansea one is on the Glorious 12th.... 12th of July

Skwirrel, it might if an official bank holiday is called, but I haven't heard anything... last year was the special one, wasn't it (lol, can't remember that far back!!)

I'm not sure, Susan.... I have never been to a Family History Fair.... but I'll do look ups if I can!! I'm nice like that. Even to folk who will not let me have the last word, lol!

Love

Daff xxx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 12 Jan 2008 17:58

Linda, if you can't make the meet... I'll murder you if I don't meet up with you when you come to Cwmbran.... I am 15 minutes away!!! Well.... there are rather a lot of roundabouts aren't there? lol!!

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 12 Jan 2008 18:43

I can do 14th June as it's a Saturday. Ann of GG would you need a lift from M & S?

skwirrel 1

skwirrel 1 Report 12 Jan 2008 18:44

Is cwmbran near mid glamorgan?

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 12 Jan 2008 18:48

not too far skwirrel..... where in mid Glam? pm me if you'd prefer.

love

Daff xxx

Claire that would be brilliant... I can give lifts etc as well.

Love

Daff xxx

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 12 Jan 2008 19:01

Is Penalt anywhere near anyone?

Not sure of the correct spelling

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 12 Jan 2008 19:05

oooo I have just looked on the map and that comes under Gwent......I may go yet!